Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: What is the difference between RCP-IV-ZA1828-C and RCP-IV-Z1828-C?

Default What is the difference between RCP-IV-ZA1828-C and RCP-IV-Z1828-C?

These drives are similar in terms of specs but RCP-IV-ZA1828-C have label "for Macbook Air Rev A". Both are 1,8" ZIF PATA 128Gb SSD. Which one is practically faster, newer and more stable? I plan to use it in Sony TZ.

Thanks!

Default Re: What is the difference between RCP-IV-ZA1828-C and RCP-IV-Z1828-C?

It is really not too much differences between them.
    RCP-IV-ZA1828-C for Macbook Air Rev A has a partition for apple.
    You can purchase the RCP-IV-Z1828-C for Sony TZ.

Also I have a question - if there is soldering problem with some units within current shipment of 128Gb ZIF PATA SDD then when new revised shipment will arrive to www.mydigitaldiscount.com for example? I am outside of US and it will be difficult for me to organize RMA if disk will be dead.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexus View Post
    Also I have a question - if there is soldering problem with some units within current shipment of 128Gb ZIF PATA SDD then when new revised shipment will arrive to www.mydigitaldiscount.com for example? I am outside of US and it will be difficult for me to organize RMA if disk will be dead.

Thank you!
    We have recalled all the problem ssd back.
    And we will strengthen supervision on the SMT factory.
    Such problems will not happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by RunCore Tech_Support View Post
    We have recalled all the problem ssd back.
    And we will strengthen supervision on the SMT factory.
    Such problems will not happen again.
    Thanks for fast response! Nice to hear about that, I will place order this week.

Last question - so seems like ZA1828 is just preformatted for Mac and if I plan to use Z1828 in MacBook Air later getting it off Sony TZ then I will be able to do it?

If you want to use both on MBA and Sony, I suggest you purchase a RCP-IV-ZA1828-C.
    Because the RCP-IV-Z1828-C couldn't be used on MBA.
    Last edited by RunCore Tech_Support; 01-22-2010 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by RunCore Tech_Support View Post
    Because the RCP-IV-Z1828-C couldn't be used on Sony TZ.
    Excuse me but I thought that RCP-IV-Z1828-C is for Sony TZ etc. Maybe this is some kind of a mistake? Which type should I buy then?

Quote Originally Posted by Hexus View Post
    Excuse me but I thought that RCP-IV-Z1828-C is for Sony TZ etc. Maybe this is some kind of a mistake? Which type should I buy then?
    Sorry for I have a mistake.
    The RCP-IV-Z1828-C couldn't be used on MBA.
    But the RCP-IV-ZA1828-C can be used both on MBA and Sony TZ.

I just got my RCP-IV-Z1828-C and planed to use it in a MacBook Air rev. A, is there any way to make it work?

Thread Information