Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue screen with Runcore SSD 128G Pro IV ZIF 1.8

Default Re: Blue screen with Runcore SSD 128G Pro IV ZIF 1.8

Quote Originally Posted by msun View Post
    Hi,

Has anybody got blue screen with disabled trim function on Win7?

Regards,
    I had a M-die Samsung flash 128GB unit that was working perfectly in my Win7 x64 HP 2710p with the 1571 FW. I tried flashing it to 1916 and couldn't reimage it. I then tried to flash it to FW 1819. The unit is now dead. It isn't recognized when installed in the hard drive bay or via the USB. It's just plain dead.

At that point, I appropriated a 128GB unit that a colleague had purchased but hadn't yet installed. I flashed the FW to 1916, and reimaged it from my backup HDD. That worked, but I had random and frequent BSODs. I disabled trim using fsutil and have been running for almost 2 days with NO PROBLEMS.

I hope this helps someone out there...MikeT

I also disables trim a few weeks a go and since then, no blue scrrens.
    If trim is disabled do I need to run wiper from time to time?
    Where to download wiper...
    MM
    Last edited by Manuscha; 02-21-2010 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manuscha View Post
    If trim is disabled do I need to run wiper from time to time?
    Where to download wiper...
    MM
    Yes. You'll have to run wiper from time to time. I suggest running Crystal Disk Mark periodically. When the results show a significant slowdown, then run wiper. Note: you'll need to Run as Administrator.

A google search for wiper.exe shows takes you to:

General Discussion windows with Wiper 0525

This link gives a link to a zip archive of Wiper version 525.

It would have been nice if FW 1916 supported Trim without crashing

Hi All,
    i am having exactly the same problem with my 2710P windows 7 on Pro IV 128. Runcore should solve the problem immediately or money back. it is very annoying to have my machine rebooted >4 times a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Manuscha View Post
    I'm having exactly the same problem. My sistem is HP 2710p running Windows 7 Professional and SSD Runcore IV 128 GB.

Hi.

I've experienced the exact same things you're talking about here.

I have a RunCore 64Gb ZIF model in my HP Compaq 2510 /w Windows 7 and I get BSOD and system freezes once a while (approx. 1-2 times per day, more often if high disk usage, ie. downloading large files). I checked the firmware version on my disk and it is the latest, 1916. I have now turned off the Trim function and it will be interesting to see if it'll perform better now.

I've had another 64GB SSD from RunCore before this one (exact same model), but that one died after 2,5 months of usage. I did not have these problems with it, perhaps it had older (better working) firmware or coming from another batch. Hopefully this one will have better quality..
    Last edited by spiffen; 03-25-2010 at 09:58 PM.

does it have something to do if you installed with ahci or ide?

hey,

I have the runcore 64GB ZIF 1.8" SSD (FW 1819) in a Dell D430 and have exactly the same problem (BSOD after about 15-30 seconds freeze) with Windows XP. But it only happens about once to twice a week (while I'm a heavy computer user, roughly online for about 5-10 hours a day). I have the feeling it does happen more often with heavy file use (eg downloading bigger files).

So because I have 1819 I do not have the TRIM function anyways, but still I get BSODs! And if I start getting BSODs they happen sooner and sooner (up to twice or trice a day) until I run Wiper.exe - then its better until the next week.

this is really annoying runcore! I'm very disappointed of you products, I can't even flash to FW1916 (while this wouldn't solve my BSODs) because your firmware doesn't work with Dell D430 notebooks.

please provide a proper firmware which I can use in my notebook and which solves the BSOD problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information