Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: eee901 frize/work slow with RunCore 64GB Pro SATA 70mm

Thumbs down eee901 frize/work slow with RunCore 64GB Pro SATA 70mm

I purchased RCP-I-S7064-C - RunCore 64GB Pro SATA 70mm Mini PCI-e PCIe SSD for ASUS EEE PC 900 900A 901 and S101 for my eee pc 901 12GB.
    After installation (replacing the 8GB SSD) it shows on the bios as primary slave (PS), I re-installed windows xp from ASUS XP support DVD but after re-boot XP starts and frize.
    I tried to install window 7 it takes hours (more than 3 hours)until I get the drive screen and when expanding the files I get Error Code 0x80070057.
    I try other bios 1808,1902MOD, 1903, 2103 with all it was the same.
    After looking at MyDigitalDiscount.com Instruction page sow that there is RunCore SSD Re-Initialization Tool, I try it but my chip is not in the tool (29f 64G08CAMD2) so I failed to Initialize it.
    By the way after installing back the 8GB SSD everything works fine.
    I don't really have any other idea what I can do, or way it work so slow if at all.

Default Re: eee901 frize/work slow with RunCore 64GB Pro SATA 70mm

elsewhere on this forum, you should find some info on how to reset it as master, set it as secondary master, then it can be boot drive.

Also, previous advice i ever had before is that the original (onboard) SSD drive should become disabled when any add-in drive is installed, maybe you have to instruct the bios to disable it?

thanks, i sent direct email to runcore support when i'll get answers i'll publish them here "if it works"

Hi there, I do have the same problem.

Is there any solution to reset the SSD?

Thread Information