Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New FW1916 available for DL and Bug Fix Report By Model

Default New FW1916 available for DL and Bug Fix Report By Model

Ok everyone here is the latest FW that fixes many of the existing issues with the previous FW releases.

Support | RunCore

It is at the bottom of the page.

I would also like people to update us and everyone interested if your bug has been fixed via this tread.

#1 Computer Model
    #2 Runcore Drive Part # and Serial # if accessible
    #3 Describe Bug
    #4 Does the new FW fix the bug
    #5 What FW did you upgrade from
    #6 Any new bugs or observations to report

(If you are simply upgrading with no bug please say "None" for #3 and #4)

I will build a list on this thread.

Matt Dawson
    Runcore

Computers with or without bugs with FW 1916.

Still Buggy

#1 Computer Model
    Dell Latitude XT

#2 Runcore Drive Part # and Serial #
    RunCore Pro IV PATA ZIF 1.8" Solid State Drive
    RCP-IV-Z1828-C
    PN: 14092800
    SN: 280911010134
    FW: 1819

#3 Describe Bug
    When i boot into DOS and run IE2808.exe (Intel, 8 pcs), the ssd is not flashed, and i receive the following errors:

[ERROR]Vendor Information Fail.
    [ERROR]Firmware customer type read fail!
    Invalid SSD!

#1 Computer Model
    Main Board
    DFI Lanparty DK P45-T2RS Elite
    LGA 775-Core 2 Duo, 4Gb DDRII, Intel P45+ICH10R.
    Unknown
    #3 Describe Bug
    Unknown

Minor Bug

Pro IV Z1828-C
    on a HP 2710p

Error after flashing:
    [ERROR]Firmware download fail!

Firmware seems to be updated to __1916 according Win Device Manager

No Bugs

HP2510P - Notable Fix - Fixes SSD slow down
    MacBook Air Rev A - Via MacRumors (thanks guys) - Notable Fix - Fixes SSD slow down
    Last edited by Runcore Marketing; 01-26-2010 at 08:37 AM.

Default Re: New FW1916 available for DL and Bug Fix Report By Model

#1 Computer Model
    Dell Latitude XT

RunCore Pro IV PATA ZIF 1.8" Solid State Drive
    RCP-IV-Z1828-C
    SN: 280911010134
    FW: 1819

#3 Describe Bug
    When i boot into DOS and run IE2808.exe (Intel, 8 pcs), the ssd is not flashed, and i receive the following errors:

Invalid SSD!

#1 Computer Model
    HP 2510P

14056400 (64GB / Samsung D-Die, ZIF PATA)

#3 Describe Bug
    Slow wiper.exe under 1819

wiper.exe is fast again like under 1571 (though fw 1916's GC means I shouldn't need to run it)

Prelim testing shows fastest write performance I've ever seen, eg: crystaldiskmark result

#Comment
    EASY firmware update, just boot USB, run firmware update program which takes 2 seconds to complete, done. No need to backup data. Much easier than the 1819 update I posted here. In the 20mins of testing, so far fw 1916 has provided very impressive performance and GC/trim + bugfixes features. Thank you Matt for posting this ::
    Last edited by nando4; 01-23-2010 at 05:53 AM.
    DIY ViDock O/C HP dualIDA | PLL pinmod | grub2 loader Storage 1.8" ZIF SSDs: ProIV, Photofast V4 | ODD caddy SSD/HDD | e-sata/usb

Now: 12" HP 2510P U7600@1.6 2GB 64GB ProIV SSD + 500GB.caddy + GTX470/3dmark.vant=P5561 | Win7/64 XP.sp3 Ubuntu9.10
    Now: 14" Compaq CQ41 i5-430M 2.26 4GB 500GB + GTX470@x2/3dmark.vant=P10481 | Win7/64
    Next(Q1.2011): Sandy Bridge + pci-e 3.0 + GTX470-OC/3dmark06=22k

Thats very nice, matt, but my unit is on it's way back to China, seems it has/had major issues, but nvm....

Why do you ask for 'Computer Model?

If the drives are truly IDE or SATA compatible, they should be able to be plugged into ANY computer, even a godforsaken mac...

The very purpose of standards and open architecture is that there is a connection standard, if ANY manufacturer wants to make a part or parts, then they MUST comply with the standard interface design, which in the case of HDD's means they must have the standard IDE or SATA compatibility, even if Form Factor adapters are needed.

I happen to be wanting to use my Pro IV as the boot drive in a self built (Non-branded) desktop system, I'm not stupid enuf to buy a Dell...

Same problem as JCF:

Dell Latitude XT
    RCP-IV-Z1828-C
    SN: 280912050014
    Current FW is reported by the flashing util as 1819

Boot into DOS 6.22
    Run IE2808.EXE

Invalid SSD!

<!-- / message -->

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Screen View Post
    Thats very nice, matt, but my unit is on it's way back to China, seems it has/had major issues, but nvm....

If the drives are truly IDE or SATA compatible, they should be able to be plugged into ANY computer, even a godforsaken mac...

The very purpose of standards and open architecture is that there is a connection standard, if ANY manufacturer wants to make a part or parts, then they MUST comply with the standard interface design, which in the case of HDD's means they must have the standard IDE or SATA compatibility, even if Form Factor adapters are needed.

I happen to be wanting to use my Pro IV as the boot drive in a self built (Non-branded) desktop system, I'm not stupid enuf to buy a Dell...
    If things worked like that then there'd be no such thing as bugs and incompatibilities, no need for a Qualified Vendor List for compatible RAM, no problems ever with FW flashing etc etc. Because a PC is a constantly evolving piece of equipment, not only does it have to function using new hardware standards, it also has to maintain a certain amount of backward compatibility with legacy hardware. For example, the reason why some Indilinx drives have a jumper on the back is to force the drive to lie to the motherboard controller about its capacity. Some ICH/BIOS combinations (older ones) will have trouble passing through flashing data if the drive is more than 137Gb in size. This isn't the manufacturers fault, it's our fault for demanding new shiny tech that is also compatible with our obsolete stuff like floppy drives, IDE DVD/CD drives, older SATA drives that only support SATA 150MB/s, HDD's that have SATA plugs at the back but underneath are IDE drives with a bridge chip etc etc.

There are so many different motherboards in use in machines all of which have various SouthBridge chipsets, including 5 major revisions of Intel's ICHxx not to mention the R versions too. There are also a few veriations on AMD's SBxxx chipset.

Computer manufacturer is more relevant when referring to laptops. What a desktop user should be concerned with is NB Chipset and Southbridge revision.

A Mac will have a custom BIOS that again, is a different thing entirely compared to a PC BIOS, even though they both use the same Intel Hardware. Again, not Runcore's fault or Apples, but our fault for allowing two seperate personal computer standards to exist side by side, one being virtually identical to a PC, just with a couple hundred /$ slapped on to the price and a misconception that one is better for audio/video/photo work.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

What motherboard are you using?

Matt

Before you go labeling folks stupid, you want want to consider a little word called "CONTEXT"

For instance, my context is that I work for a company with a corporate purchasing agreement with Dell, and I didn't either have a choice in the matter or pay one cent out of my pocket for my Dell.

Do us all a favor and stick to the issues...

Quote Originally Posted by nando4 View Post
    #1 Computer Model
    HP 2510P

14056400 (64GB / Samsung D-Die, ZIF PATA)

#3 Describe Bug
    Slow wiper.exe under 1819

wiper.exe is fast again like under 1571 (though fw 1916's GC means I shouldn't need to run it)

Prelim testing shows fastest write performance I've ever seen, eg: crystaldiskmark result

#Comment
    EASY firmware update, just boot USB, run firmware update program which takes 2 seconds to complete, done. No need to backup data. Much easier than the 1819 update I posted here. In the 20mins of testing, so far fw 1916 has provided very impressive performance and GC/trim + bugfixes features. Thank you Matt for posting this ::
    Hot damn that is super fast now. If I am not mistaken it looks like a 30% gain in sustained and random write. I bet that computer is flat out instant.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Matt

Sorry about the Dell guys I know many people have that computer and really want the upgrade. I will see if the engineers in China can figure this one out ASAP. Anyone want to donate their XT for around 2 weeks? As long as we can get it working I would offer a free 32GB drive for it.

Matt Dawson
    Runcore

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information