Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to Flash Firmware 1916 on Mac OS X

Default Re: How to Flash Firmware 1916 on Mac OS X

Hi all, Hello RunCore Team,

I've just bought the RCP-IV-S2556-C (PN: 05035600 - Model: 560912290176) FW1819 and I was wondering if you would be so kind of sending me an .iso file prepared just to burn on a CD and update the FW of my SSD to FW1916?, because I not able to resolve it on my own. By the way my laptop is a MacBook pro, intel processor core 2 duo. If you need more profile info just let me know.

Thanks in advance,
    vortels

Quote Originally Posted by hippocratesnoah View Post
    Hi,

I got an iso image from runcore on request. Update went through without any error, pretty straightforward. marianic made me realize this iso is indeed an bootable cd image file.

It didn't even wiped my drive. My backup was unnecessary. Took me 7 minutes from burning, to upgrading the firmware and booting back into OSX.

If anyone is interested in this iso file post a reply.

It's for M-die Samsung flash!!!

So check your flash die type!

noah
    Hi hippocratesnoah,

I red you post I'm interested on what you said of sharing the iso file from runcore, could you please send me that file? My ssd is Samsung M Die so I think it's compatible.
    Thanks in advance,
    vortels

Hi Noah,
    I'm interested in that iso, if you can send it to me. I have the samsung M type flash as well.

Sweet. Would be sweeter if runcore could post the iso straightaway...

Dave

I was able to use a Freedos builder to make an ISO that worked for my drive. If anyone is interested, let me know, I'll send you the iso and/or give you instructions on rolling your own. What an epic. Took about 6 tries to make the CD. Runcore support, step it up, or hire me ;)

Dave

Go on dave give us a link , as I cant upgrade mine on any of my Windo$ boxes... but use mac's mainly... I have one of the original 256MB Sata Drives from summer last year.. and yes they should hire u :)

D

Hey man,
    I'll try to put up the image with all the upgrade files by this weekend. Stay tuned.

I used the Crucial disk image as a boot disk available here:

Crucial.com Product Downloads - Firmware Updates

With this image as a starting point, I slipstreamed in the applicable executable from RunCore using a Windows tool - UltraISO - Since I'm running several Windows VM's on my Mac, this was an easy task. (The Crucial boot image is even small enough in size so that the TRIAL version of UltrISO is sufficient for the task.)

Since I need the IE6408.exe executable though, RunCore Support in this forum has indicated in a reply to one of my posts that because of the Intel chips in my 64GB Runcore SSD, they need to send me another image to flash to 1916.

I am still waiting and after several other respectful emails to support@runcore.com, I am considering attempting to return the SSD as they still have not replied.

Since I use my Air in the field for photography, I move several GB's of photos on and off the Air regularly and have noticed significant speed degradation over time becuase of the used and then freed disk sectors not being accessed by the SSD as quickly as a 'new - fresh' sector.

I do not want to reinstall the OS to cure this. I simply want FW1916 which does it seems fix this issue.

I offer this other solution as an alternative.

Hi everybody,
    A bootable iso image for a macbook air with all the Runcore 1916 fw is available for download at

http://fuelcellcalc.outofoptions.net/runcore1916fw.iso

The directories don't show up with their full names when it's booted, but all the stuff is there. If you need directions, I suggest going to Runcore's site and downloading the files straightaway and using that as your guide. You can't view the directory contents or instructions on the disk by mounting the iso on OS X, but if you know what exe you want to use, you can just find it on the disk when you boot it by moving around to the various directories. The folder structure is the same as the folder on their support site.

Despite all of this, upgrading FW, fixing disk permissions, fsck the disk, checking electrical connections with a magnifying glass, my MBA still hangs about once every couple of days within about a minute of wake from sleep- and at no other time! I haven't heard from runcore support in a week since asking for help on their web site. If this problem is still with me by Monday, I'm returning this drive to them and going with Crucial.

Disappointed. Good luck to you all with your drives!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information