Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Flash Firmware 1916 on Mac OS X

Default How to Flash Firmware 1916 on Mac OS X

The firmware has been mentioned in this thread. Can someone tell us how to do this on a Mac?

The instructions only mention Windows and the only methods on the forum to find out the firmware versions are for Windows.

Note: Removing the drive from a Macbook Air and using a Windows machine is not practical. Most of us using Macs do not have Windows installed, access to a Windows machine, and cannot disassemble a very delicate piece of equipment to perform updates.
    Last edited by LinTweak; 01-23-2010 at 12:32 PM.

Default Re: How to Flash Firmware 1916 on Mac OS X

Hi Runcore Support

Can we get some advice on this, I have removed my drive from the MBA and placed into the ZIF USB caddy, the firmware does not detect the drive in there and the 1916 firmware is not applied.

Can we get some help on updating this firmware on MAc OS X.

Garry

Hi,
    It can't be updated by an external USB enclosure.
    You can using a bootable DOS CD to boot DOS. And run the program of ****.exe.

Quote Originally Posted by RunCore Tech_Support View Post
    Hi,
    It can't be updated by an external USB enclosure.
    You can using a bootable DOS CD to boot DOS. And run the program of ****.exe.
    IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO BOOT MACINTOSH COMPUTERS USING DOS.

All Mac users need a different solution! Hire some expert Mac programmers.. but please stop saying we can boot from a dos bootable CD because it is not true and it is weird seeing a manufacturer who is selling also Mac-dedicated product that is not aware of this!

I know the Mac OS do not have a DOS systerm.
    But it can boot DOS on MacBook by a MS-DOS CD.

The instructions provided with the update are for Microsoft Windows only and do not provide step by step instructions on updating even under Windows.

Please provide step by step instructions for updating the firemware of a RunCore drive using Mac OS X 10.5/10.6 as the provided instructions are insufficient.

1) There is no listed method to find the current firmware version under Mac OS X 10.5/10.6.

2) There is no listed method to create a bootable MS-DOS CD in Mac OS X 10.5/10.6 for the firmware version.

3) There is no listed method to find which firmware update should be used with which RunCore drive.

Please provide this information and check with your other support team members regarding Macintosh OS X 10.5/10.6 related questions. The replies in this thread show the forum team contradicting the support@runcore.com team.

Note: The MS-DOS CD does not appear to be bootable on Macintosh hardware according to the last post in that thread. Please confirm that it is bootable when providing the step by step instructions required to update the drives.

Second note: This thread at Crucial.com lists a bootable CD that reportedly works on Macintosh hardware for Crucial drives updating to firmware 1916.
    Last edited by LinTweak; 01-25-2010 at 08:25 PM.

I've downloaded the Crucial CD iso and added the RunCore IE2808.exe updater file in the folder "fwupt" of the CD iso. I've burned the modified iso and than I tried to boot from it on a old Dell laptop.

It works, I mean it end with an error because it doesn'f find any Crucial SSD but at that point you can still:

• move to CD drive (D:)
    • load fwupt folder (cd fwupt)
    • run Crucial ssdchk.exe program that will show model and firmware of present disk (on my PC it detect a Hitachi HDD), nice check before trying with the updater.
    • run IE2808.exe to update fw.

I'll try it on my Air as far as I'll get home, I'll post the result later today or tomorrow morning (GMT +3).

@RunCore Tech_Support: check Crucial solution for FW update, we are not sure yet it will work on a MacBookAir but if it will, it is the way to follow.

Whell.. the DOS iso IS working..
    But the fw update process is aborted with the message "FW download error".

Wait a moment!! Despite the FW download error I see now that Mac OS X, about the RunCore SSD, is now showing a "revision 1916".. before it was a 1819..

But what about the updater error??

PERFORMANCE ARE BACK AS BRAND NEW!!

Despite the error message the fw was updated and SSD performance are now back to brand new!!

Hi,

I got an iso image from runcore on request. Update went through without any error, pretty straightforward. marianic made me realize this iso is indeed an bootable cd image file.

It didn't even wiped my drive. My backup was unnecessary. Took me 7 minutes from burning, to upgrading the firmware and booting back into OSX.

If anyone is interested in this iso file post a reply.

It's for M-die Samsung flash!!!

So check your flash die type!

noah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information