Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: how to find out PN-code without removing my SSD from my laptop

Default how to find out PN-code without removing my SSD from my laptop

Hi all,

is there a way to find out my PN-code (which I need to know which firmware to flash (eg D-Die, M-Die, Intel, Micron) without removing my SSD from my laptop? its already in the rubber case and because the ZIF-connector and everything is so fragile I don't dare to remove it (I was so lucky that it worked out at once when I installed the SSD).

I have a RCP-IV-Z1864-C (64GB ZIF Runcore IV Pro) SSD and my serial number is: RC640911030618, according to crystaldiskinfo here: http://666kb.com/i/bg24kq8pjdliz1pya.jpg crystaldiskinfo doesnt give me the PN-code. does any other software can give me this code? or can I see my PN-code in my serial number?

so which firmware to flash? D-Die, M-Die, Intel, Micron?

thank you

Default Re: how to find out PN-code without removing my SSD from my laptop

The only way to find the PN is take the SSD out.
    When did you purchase the 64GB ssd ? I only sure that it's not Micron.

Default Re: how to find out PN-code without removing my SSD from my laptop

hello,

thank you for your reply. I ordered the SSD on the 15.12.2009 from UK (memoryc.com). It was in stock and got shipped immediately.

mhm, well because of the Dell firmware-upgrade problem (I have a Dell D430 and it seems that the firmware upgrade doesnt work on Dells) I might anyway have to remove it ... question is to find somebody who has another PC where I could try the upgrade ...

Thread Information