Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Pro IV: Windows fresh install annoyance

Default Pro IV: Windows fresh install annoyance

UPDATE: see here for a better solution: http://forums.tweaktown.com/f78/pro-...olution-37831/

I just wanted to go through this myself, some kind of challenge. I knew it would fail ;-)

Well - it failed.

(I booted from install CD, wiped the partitions and chose to install to unallocated space ... the drive crashed. At least I had the 2 partitions (100MB system + 119GB), properly aligned hopfully)

I ripped the drive out of my tablet, bunged it into the docking station plugged that into another PC, doing a quick format on the second partition (from a running Windows).

OK, drive back into tablet (have some routine already), installing Win7 to second partition, and ...

IT WORKED.
    Last edited by cappac; 02-01-2010 at 05:14 AM.

Default Re: Pro IV: Windows fresh install annoyance

Congratulations.
    With the spirit of adventure.
    I have a RunCore 1.8" PATA ZIF SSD with Windows 7,too.

Question Re: Pro IV: Windows fresh install annoyance

Wich is your firmware? I used to have Windows 7 running on a HP2710p with the firmware 1819, but right now I can't boot with the new firmware 1916.

Default Re: Pro IV: Windows fresh install annoyance

I seem to have 1916 like you (not sure b/c I got the error while flashing as well, but lets suppose we are running 1916)

Thread Information