Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: RunCore IV 128GB Zif PATA -HP2710p - Windows 7 - FW1916

Angry RunCore IV 128GB Zif PATA -HP2710p - Windows 7 - FW1916

After flashing I get the message
    "[ERROR] Firmware download fail! "
    When the system restart Windows 7 said installing the drive and ask me to reboot. After rebooting look in the device manager under properties device instance ID said 1916. So it seems to be ok.
    Crystarlmark impresive, 85 read and 67 write, again the drive like the first day.
    I decided to do a fresh install of Windows 7 and after finished the installation all seems to be ok, but when i try to restart the windows 7 - blue screen !. I think Itīs when try to load a driver, but itīs strange because in the installation there wasn't problems. I could start in safe mode but I can't find a solution. What is going with windows 7 and the new FW1916? with the old FW1819 and the TRIM disable my unique problem was the degradation in the speed. What can I do?

Exclamation Re: RunCore IV 128GB Zif PATA -HP2710p - Windows 7 - FW1916

C'mon this happens to others....

Intel solid drive update crashes Windows 7 - Techworld.com

I need a solution to go back to the FW1819 !

Default Re: RunCore IV 128GB Zif PATA -HP2710p - Windows 7 - FW1916

Have a 2710p as well, made the same firmware upgrade experience (firmware download failed) and also SEEM to have 1916 running now. However, mine does not crash after installation of a 64bit Win7 (did not try with 32bit). It does however (rarely) freeze in other situations.

I recently did a sanitary erase on the drive (before installing Win7 for the second time). You may want to try it as well and reinstall Win7 thereafter. Sanitary_erase.exe resets the flash memory (in a couple of seconds as it seems).

1. Boot into 32bit Windows recovery console (sanitary erase does not work in a 64bit environment).
    2. Clean your drive:
    DISKPART
    SEL DIS 0 (shortcut for select disk)
    CLEAN
    EXIT
    3. Execute sanitary_erase.exe from USB stick (see attachment)
    5. Reinstall Windows

I assume your drive also fails to quick format after selecting the partition upon installation.
    I just found a way to do a quick format without the need to remove the drive and format it via docking station.
    See http://forums.tweaktown.com/f78/pro-...olution-37831/
    Last edited by cappac; 02-01-2010 at 05:22 AM.

Thumbs up Re: RunCore IV 128GB Zif PATA -HP2710p - Windows 7 - FW1916

Hey cappac, kudos for you ! Now it's working fast and without freezes. I think that the sanitary_erase was the key. Then I used my boot tools as usually and make my partitions, install windows fast and the other stuff. But in the first boot I disabled the TRIM command, because I'm sure that is the freezer, because every time windows send the command after big data deletion the light going solid for a seconds and the only way it'a a hard reset button.
    Thanks again.

Default Re: RunCore IV 128GB Zif PATA -HP2710p - Windows 7 - FW1916

Glad it worked out for you!

But in the first boot I disabled the TRIM command, because I'm sure that is the freezer, because every time windows send the command after big data deletion the light going solid for a seconds and the only way it'a a hard reset button.
    Your right Louis!!
    There's a huge problem with Garbage Collection. I investigated on this in the past 2 days. First I noticed it when manually trimming via wiper.exe. The drive crashed each time.
    Now I found after having filled my partition with 1GB test files that trashing only 2 files (2GB) is going to lock up the drive as well.

That's not funny at all. Erasing data is a basic operation. I just fear this is not a problem of the firmware...

Thread Information