Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: need a tutorial on making a dos bootable cd for installing runcore fw

Default need a tutorial on making a dos bootable cd for installing runcore fw

I tried using Nero and it seemed to make a boot image and before the burn I pasted in the firmware utility. I am installing on a EEE netbook 1000/ linux. I did not see an option in the bios for setting to Ide. When I booted ,it recognized Dr Dos but didn't bring me to the appropriate screen to upgrade

Default Re: need a tutorial on making a dos bootable cd for installing runcore fw

WHy not make a DOS bootable USB stick instead? These instructions (1-4) can do that for you. Just copy the firmware updater onto the resultant USB disk, boot and run the updater.
    DIY ViDock O/C HP dualIDA | PLL pinmod | grub2 loader Storage 1.8" ZIF SSDs: ProIV, Photofast V4 | ODD caddy SSD/HDD | e-sata/usb

Now: 12" HP 2510P U7600@1.6 2GB 64GB ProIV SSD + 500GB.caddy + GTX470/3dmark.vant=P5561 | Win7/64 XP.sp3 Ubuntu9.10
    Now: 14" Compaq CQ41 i5-430M 2.26 4GB 500GB + GTX470@x2/3dmark.vant=P10481 | Win7/64
    Next(Q1.2011): Sandy Bridge + pci-e 3.0 + GTX470-OC/3dmark06=22k

Default Re: need a tutorial on making a dos bootable cd for installing runcore fw

thanks for your reply but I'm not getting anywhere. I had a heck of a time downloading some of those files and the cfg example files would not download. I have a bootable 4gb flash drive and a usb dvdrw and could go either way.I need a method to incorporate a dos bootable device and my executable fw update utility to where I can flash my runcore

thanks I may try that,one thing I am running into is ,on two Dr. Dos cd boot attempts as well as a floppy drive attempt, I am running into a command screen that does not correspond to the one outlined in the tutorial that comes with the firmware upgrade. I have simply added the "IE6408.exe" file to the dos files in the boot drive and I come to a command screen and I don't know what to input from therehere it says,"" Boot DOS and run IM6408.exe"
    Maybe I give a command such as "run IE6408.exe"?
    If not what do I input to activate my firmware?

ok,new problem. I got to the updater in dos, and it asked me if I wanted to find the target drive. I pressed Y and it showed my drive was"1" and a match for the firmware update but said "bye" before I could input 1 and created a new command line which gives me an error when I input "1"

update-I got it, thanks all!!!
    Last edited by jsigur; 01-31-2010 at 05:46 AM. Reason: new news

Glad it worked for you. Not working for everyone (as Ive posted under http://forums.tweaktown.com/f78/new-...67/index4.html).

jsigur, can you also log your experience into the thread http://forums.tweaktown.com/f78/new-...67/index4.html as it may help Runcore find a solution for those of us who arent getting the same luck, thanks.
    Last edited by bmer; 01-31-2010 at 10:37 AM.

Thread Information