Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: FW1916 update failure

Default FW1916 update failure, now getting blue screens, Win7 not able to boot

FW1916 DL issues<hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225); background-color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message -->
    As described below, I am unable to update to 1916 from 1819. Wiper also hangs mid-way when run. Please can you give an indication as to when a revised method to install/update to 1916 will be made available. In the meantime, is there a revised wiper tool which works ?

1916 firmware update failure

#1 Computer Model
    Fujitsu U820

#2 Runcore Drive Part # and Serial # if accessible
    RCP-IV-Z1864-C, PN 14056400 (64GB / Samsung D-Die, 8 Flash chips, ZIF PATA)

#3 Describe Bug
    1819 was slightly buggy. Installing Win7 req'd special procedure (as documented by RunCore). After install, Wiper could lead to computer hanging. Very occasionally, PC would not boot and report it cannot see the SSD.

#4 Does the new FW fix the bug
    NO- CANNOT UPDATE TO NEW FIRMWARE !

#5 What FW did you upgrade from

#6 Any new bugs or observations to report

#Comment
    I used a bootable USB drive to attempt firmware update. Selecting the SSD, I got error message 1 firmware failed to download - bye ! Rebooting led to a very slow BIOS boot but then moved to Win 7 boot as normal. Second attempt yielded same results. Device manager confirms FW still 1819

Update is that I then got two bluescreens. Now Im stuck on an endless loop of startup repair. Win7 repair finishes then reboots into startup repair again endlessly. Will try to use an external Win7 repair disk to see if that works - will report back later
    Last edited by bmer; 02-02-2010 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Update

Default Re: FW1916 update failure

Hi bmer,

Are you using a wireless mouse or keyboard? I know this question may appear to you weird but in my case was the responsible for stopping me getting the firmware update. I had to switch off both and try the update, then I successfully did it. When I found this info in other forum I didn't buy it till I tried it.

Let me know if this help you.
    Regards,
    vortels.

Default Re: FW1916 update failure

Hi Vortels, thanks for the idea. My update was already with all external devices incl USB devices, SD cards etc removed. Unfortunately, that was not the cause in my case

Thread Information