Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Runcore 70mm 64G SSD BIOS detection failing

Default Runcore 70mm 64G SSD BIOS detection failing

I got one of the early Version 1 Runcore 70mm SSD's for the Eeepc 901 a year and a month ago (Christmas 2008) from mydigitaldiscount. Last night when I came back from a run I opened the lid on the Eeepc to take it out of sleep and the OS would not respond correctly. So I had to force shut down the netbook (power button for 8seconds) anyway when restarting. The SSD would no longer detect in the BIOS and it would freeze just after detecting my SD card in the card reader. I installed the old SSD from Asus and it detected ok. So seems to be a dead SSD. I emailed Runcore through the email support forum on their website but have not head back. Does it normally take a while?

Spec:
    Eeepc 901 Black(Linux model)
    2gig Ram
    Windows 7 Ultimite
    Master 4gig not used with Runcore

Runcore drive details:
    PN: GM64GCM08
    SN: 0812180083

Default Re: Runcore 70mm 64G SSD BIOS detection failing

Hi, sutty
    You can try take it out and connect it to another PC by USB cable to confirm whether it is fine.
    If it is fine, format it and re-install to your EPC901.
    Check whether can be detected in BIOS and re-install the OS.

If it still is defective, you can contact with your vendor request for an RMA. Then they will give you an RMA number.

Thread Information