Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asus S101 with 64GB SSD RCP-IV-S7064-C

Default Asus S101 with 64GB SSD RCP-IV-S7064-C

Hi,

I've recently bought the RunCore Pro IV 70mm PCI-e SATA II SSD 64GB (RCP-IV-S7064-C) for my Asus S101.

My current hard disk was cloned successfully but when I attempted to install the SSD, I realised that the new drive does not fit my S101.

The original SSD in my S101 is 50mm long and the dimensions of the netbook dose not seem to allow a 70mm SSD. Although the RunCore website claims that the RCP-IV-S7064-C is compatible with the Asus S101, I have not been able to install it.

Has anyone attempted to install a 70mm SSD into an Asus S101?

Otherwise, are there any suggestions as to which 50mm SSD I ought to purchase for my Asus S101?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Asus S101 with 64GB SSD RCP-IV-S7064-C

Where did you try to install it? I have the RCP-I-S7064 and it fits as a replacement of the original SSD. If you want to insert it in the slot on the buttom it will not fit.

Have you been successful to make the SSD a system volume? I also cloned my original SSD without errors but it's not possible to make the new one a system drive to boot from

Thread Information