Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Runcore firmware id

Default Runcore firmware Flash Type ID (SOLVED!)

I have a 128gb Runcore SSD for Macbook Air Rev. B (LIF Connector). I don't want to take the drive out again to see which flash type it is using. Can I not decode it with the serial number? Or can someone else who has this drive chime in with what theirs was? Thanks.
    Last edited by kdillard21; 02-14-2010 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Problem solved...

Default Re: Runcore firmware id

No, you need the Part Number, not the Serial Number. AFAIK, that can only be viewed from the physical drive itself. Cheers.

someone has to have done the update on this macbook air rev b/c drive...which one did you use?

I ran the upgrade on my Runcore SSD on a Windows notebook, using a bootable MS-DOS USB drive. Cheers.

THanks but that doesn't work for me. My drive is a lif connector made specifically for the MacBook air rev b/c. It won't physically connect to any other. But applying the update is not the problem, I need to know which flashtype it is.

Well I broke down and opened it up and thought I would post here so people wouldn't have to go through the same thing. The back says PN: 13032800 which means...I assume all of the Macbook Air rev. B/C drives will be the same, but who knows.

PCB = 13
    Flash Type = 03 (Samsung M die)
    Capacity = 28 (128gb)
    Special Features = 00 (none)

Hope this helps folks in the future.

Thanks for the info, I have the same drive but I still can not work out which firmware .exe I need, do you know what one you used, based on your rev c 128gb runcore ssd?

Thanks,
    C

I am not 100% positive but I think it was IM2808.exe. Based on the specs in my previous post, look at the instructions that are included in the download and will tell you which to use.

Thread Information