Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: SATA LIF HDD USB 2.0 case

Exclamation SATA LIF HDD USB 2.0 case

Hi,

I'm posting here to see if any Runcore SATA LIF SSD (the one they sell for Macbook Airs rev. B & C) owner would be willing to sell me their used USB 2.0 HDD case.

The thing is that I have this broken Macbook Air rev. B with 128Gb SSD. The thing is that I need to take my data out of that SSD and my local Apple service hasn't been able to do anything for around a month (they said they'd have to wait for another rev. B or C Macbook Air).

Anyway, I wonder if Runcore would be kind enough to sell me one of those USB 2.0 HDD cases without having to buy a SSD from them... but since I emailed directly and have received no reply, then I decided to post.

I really need my data so any help will be very much appreciated!

Default Re: SATA LIF HDD USB 2.0 case

Dear Sir,

Sorry for the late reply.
    Where you locate in? And from whom you purchased the SSD?

Hi. Thanks for your reply.

My SSD is the stock Apple 128Gb SSD (actually a Samsung SSD). I'm located in Mexico but I have a US address for shipments.

I already went ahead and bought one of your 64Gb SATA LIF SSDs from mydigitaldiscount.com. I should have my new Runcore SSD by next week.

As long as I can use the USB case that comes with my new SSD to access the data on my old SSD, my urgent problem will be solved.
    ...If I run into problems at this point, I'll contact you here.

Then my problem will be having the Runcore SSD just lying around hehe. Anyway my plan is to wait until i find a good deal for a used 2.13 MBA, or maybe buy a new logic board for my broken 1.86 MBA.

Or maybe you could sell me or help me find an adapter to install SATA LIF SSD on a computer with normal SATA connectors, like a macbook pro...

Quote Originally Posted by RunCore Tech_Support View Post
    Dear Sir,

Sorry for the late reply.
    Where you locate in? And from whom you purchased the SSD?

Dear Sir,

We will sell a SATA LIF to SATA adapter to mydigitaldiscount.com, and you pls buy it from them, is it ok for you?

Yes, that works great for me. Please let me know the price as I would probably buy 2 pieces.

Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by RunCore View Post
    Dear Sir,

We will sell a SATA LIF to SATA adapter to mydigitaldiscount.com, and you pls buy it from them, is it ok for you?

Hi, I'm still very interested in this adapter to use SATA LIF SSD on a normal SATA interface computer. I need 2 adapters. Please advise.

Regards,

Rafael

Quote Originally Posted by RunCore View Post
    Dear Sir,

Hello Rafael,

You can order with MDD.
    But you may need to account for the adapters LIF to SATA or LIF to USB.

Hi Runcore Tec Support. I have the pro VI for my revision b macbook air, but unfortunately the external case provided dose not work! Could you contact me regarding a replacement. That would be great! Cheers Darrell

Thread Information