Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Real difference between 256GB: RCP-IV-SA2556-C nad 256GB: RCP-IV-S2556-C

Question Real difference between 256GB: RCP-IV-SA2556-C and 256GB: RCP-IV-S2556-C ???

Hi there,

last month I have bought nonApple model (256GB: RCP-IV-S2556-C) to use in my MacBook Pro Unibody 5.1 (Apple model 256GB: RCP-IV-SA2556-C still not available in my country - Czech Republic). I expirienced an issue several times - my computer totally freezes. People say, this issue is called ''stuttering'' and is caused by SDDs with older FWs. Yesterday, I flashed FW to 1916 and now I am courious, if it helps (fingers crossed).

But my question is: What is the REAL difference between Apple and nonApple model?

Many Thanks
    Last edited by YngwieM; 02-17-2010 at 02:15 PM.

Default Re: Real difference between 256GB: RCP-IV-SA2556-C and 256GB: RCP-IV-S2556-C ???

Quote Originally Posted by YngwieM View Post
    Hi there,

But my question is: What is the REAL difference between Apple and nonApple model?
    From what I have managed to find out the differences are the file system that the drive is formatted with from the factory (Mac OS Extended vs FAT32) and the cloning software included on it (Carbon Copy Cloner vs Acronis[?]).

I have also been told that there is a difference in the firmware due to some differences in the SATA II spec in Apple Mac's but I'm not so sure about that, given that the firmware update (eg: v1916) is only available as a windows executable.

Default Re: Real difference between 256GB: RCP-IV-SA2556-C nad 256GB: RCP-IV-S2556-C

There is no difference except the format and files on the drive when it ships.

All the SSD shipping from China to resellers starting this month has 1916 on it. 1916 seems to solve any slow down or shuddering issues.

Matt Dawson CMO
    Runcore

Thread Information