Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Macbook Air rev. A problem.

Default Macbook Air rev. A problem.

Unfortunately, I have to join the choir.

I took delivery of a 128GB runcore Pro IV 1.8" PATA ZIP SSD, this monday, for the Macbook Air rev. A. It was loaded with FW 1906 from factory.

Initially it failed 100% of the time, when:

- Booting. Requires one or more boot ups.
    - Going from battery to wired power. Hangs.

Now it just won't boot.

What kind of rubbish is this ?

Br,
    Kaare

Default Re: Macbook Air rev. A problem.

As I've just reinstalled the original 64Gb SSD, I've made a note of the Runcore PN: 14092800 and SN: 280912230207.

Do I need to mention that the Air, worked flawlessly as soon as the original drive was back in business ?

I'll on to the Runcore SSD for a littel while, to see if there is any response to this, before returning it.

Tada,
    Kaare

My runcore ssd on my MBA is well.
    Have you try to reformat it and reinstall the mac os?

Quote Originally Posted by cc101 View Post
    My runcore ssd on my MBA is well.
    Have you try to reformat it and reinstall the mac os?
    Nope. Copied with Superduper!, which should be suffient. I do not intend to reinstall/reformat my Macbok Air. Kinda ruins the idea, with a SSD that is plug and play, dosn't it?

Still waiting for an offical reply from Runcore.

//Kaare

Hi all,

Please bare with me as this is my first post on here but I wanted to share my problems and success with my RunCore 64G-C SSD PATA.

November 2009 - took ownership of drive: fw 1571. Had freezing from hibernate issues; got around by power plan changes in both Mac OS X and Win 7

December 2009 - Found copy of fw 1819 online and installed. Had to update by transplanting drive into Compaq Mini 700 and using USB bootable flash drive. Drive was wiped during update; fitted back into Mac Air and reinstalled Mac OS X with no issues. No hibernate issues. Bootcamp worked but Windows 7 x64 would not see drive to format. Used Vista x64 to format and the installed clean install of Windows 7. Appeared stable and no freezing.

January 2010 - Updated to fw 1916. Again had to transfer to Compaq Mini to update. Wiped drive afterwards and began reinstall. When fitted into Mac appeared faster in Mac OS X and no issues. Bootcamp would partition but Win 7 still would not format. Did same procedure as before, but this time Windows 7 randomly froze after installing Bootcamp drivers, got BSOD regularly and was unusable. Switched back to Vista x64 which worked.

February 2010 - Found post in these forums about Trim causing problems and another post in a different forum issues with AHCI and SSDs. Reinstalled Windows 7 and following guidelines here disabled TRIM support and used a registry hack to enable IDE controller for drive, not AHCI. So far been using for 7 days with Windows 7. No BSOD, No freezing, No Hibernate issues - appears fast and gets Windows score of 6.9. Will continue to monitor and post findings.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by psw31uk; 02-24-2010 at 02:10 AM.

Thanks for your experiences.
    It it difficult to format as NTFS when in the process of windows 7 installation. It needs to format as NTFS by a windows XP or vista installation CD before installing windows 7. Or take it out from MBA format it via USB enclosure.
    I agree with the guy above, the trim command is not stable at present. So I disable it too. It is running smoothly now.

Thread Information