Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: RCP-IV-S2556-C in MacBook Pro, not reliable

Default RCP-IV-S2556-C in MacBook Pro, not reliable

I ordered a RCP-IV-SA2556-C for my MacBook Pro. I was shipped a RCP-IV-S2556-C. I do IT work, so it was not a large problem to reformat the drive, and grab Carbon Copy Cloner to clone my existing HD. Looking here, I noted that there was new firmware available. Since I switched over to using the SSD as my internal drive (a week ago), I have occasionally had problems (once or twice a day) where the app I was in would lock up, and I'd find that *all* apps had locked up. The only option was to do a hard reboot. Suspecting that this was due to running on the old firmware, I took the drive out and had a co-worker use their desktop PC to update the firmware to 1916. Sadly, this had NOT fixed my problem. In fact, it might be worse now (I had one instance where I could not boot my computer, and another where it locked up within several minutes of booting). The new firmware (according to Xbench) *has* improved the already quite good performance of the drive (when its working).

Any advice? Do I RMA the SSD? If it matters, my drive is PN 05035600 (Samsung M die 16 piece). Thanks a whole bunch in advance!!

Default Re: RCP-IV-S2556-C in MacBook Pro, not reliable

Quote Originally Posted by glennp View Post
    Any advice? Do I RMA the SSD? If it matters, my drive is PN 05035600 (Samsung M die 16 piece). Thanks a whole bunch in advance!!

HI:
    You can contact the support@runcore.com. directly.I believe you will get the other way for your fw update and try again for your SSD reliable.

Default Re: RCP-IV-S2556-C in MacBook Pro, not reliable

Hi,

make sure, your drive is really on FW1916. Reformat your drive again using Mac OS Extended Journaled and install Mac OS X 10.6.x (clean install). Turn journaling off using Disk Utility (click on partition - not whole disk - press "alt" (option) key and while holding "alt" key click on "file" in menu bar. Disable Journaling will appear. It should help. Sorry for my english.

Unhappy Re: RCP-IV-S2556-C in MacBook Pro, not reliable

I tried support@runcore.com. They had me do a re-initialization of the drive. But since it still exhibits the same behavior, I will need to RMA it. :-( I'm wondering if I should be trying out another identical drive, or if I should try and get a refund to then go with another device??

Thread Information