Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: runcore pro iv RCP-IV-Z1828-C freezes when deleting

Default runcore pro iv RCP-IV-Z1828-C freezes when deleting

Every time i go to delete anything large in size (programs and data both) it locks up my computer and i have to hard shut down and restart. Updating to 1916 firmware didn't fix. I am running on a sony p-530 with win 7 home 32bit and RCP-IV-Z1828-C. PLEASE can someone help with this. Thanks

Default Re: runcore pro iv RCP-IV-Z1828-C freezes when deleting

I have exactly the same issue. I am using it on a U2010 (U820). Wish Runcore will fix this somehow.

Been very patiant but still no responce to this at all. Guess I will be getting the 2 remaining HD elsewhere. I would still like a responce to this issue. I am still freezing/locking up everytime i delete anything of size.

Dear Customers

This is actually an issue that we have not encountered ever since, and need you to provide some of your infomation to check if it is the bad block of flash.
    1. Can you please give me your PN and SN number?
    2. Can you please illustrate the capacity that refers to the large size of deleting? (eg: 2GB, 4GB)

RunCore Support

PN 14092800 SN 280911010119. As far as capacity I would say as small as 1.5gb. I uninstalled Office which was right around 1.5gb and it froze at the very end. everything else was just large amounts of data ie music, videos, etc. I deleted about 40gb worth of music and had to restart 6-7 times to get it to delete everything, meaning it froze up that many times. Any help would be great. Thanks

This is not a new problem. I reported it last year. Runcore ignored the problem then, too.

In my case, the workaround was to disable TRIM in Windows 7 (google for how, I have forgotten). My suspicion was that the SATA hardware was not passing this command to the SSD and locking up instead, but this is purely speculation.

Chris.

Thank you Chris. I will give that a shot. It is a same that we have to get help from other users since the manufacture won't help. Thank you again Chris

I'm a little confused here, isn't the RCP-IV-Z1828-C a PATA/ZIF disk? In that case there should be no SATA involved as the Vaio P's chipset (US15W) is PATA only. Or, is your Vaio equipped with a PATA/SATA bridge adapter, and your disk is really SATA and not ZIF?

There is a documented Windows 7 problem and workaround for SATA SSDs, the US15W chipset and PATA/SATA bridges over at Intel's site:
    Workaround for installing Windows 7 on...

Hello Mikewse, thanks for your information.

RCP-IV-Z1828-C is a PATA disk, I think there is no bridge on US15W if it is connected with a PATA SSD.
    But if it connected with a SATA disk, it needs a bridge on mainboard. like Dell mini 10 and Sony VGN-P29H/Q SSD version.

So I suggest disable the trim function to try whether there would be improvement.

Run as administrator and input in command prompt:
    fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 1
    The trim function will be disable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information