Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Windows can't find driver message on boot with RunCore IV Pro SATA 64GB

Default Windows can't find driver message on boot with RunCore IV Pro SATA 64GB

I keep getting the "can't find driver" message when booting the RunCore drive on an Acer Aspire 5050 running Vista SP2. This happens both after cloning my original HD with Migrate Easy or when trying to do a clean install from the original DVD.
    The BIOS recognizes the RunCore drive correctly.
    I've repeated this several times and am very frustrated!

A similar upgrade on a mac-mini worked great!!
    Help would be appreciated!

Default Re: Windows can't find driver message on boot with RunCore IV Pro SATA 64GB

It would be no problem with boot os.
    Have you set it as the first boot sequence in BIOS?

Default Re: Windows can't find driver message on boot with RunCore IV Pro SATA 64GB

I think your SSD is right.
    you can try modify the mode of SATA Disk under BIOS. And try install with CDROM.

pls try to clone using Acronis Ture Image, and select boot mode

Thank you for the reply.

My message was sort of misleading. The Runcore will actually boot the first time and everything looks normal however, after a few minutes Windows starts complaining about the driver and begins to install one and then says it needs to restart to complete the installation. Upon restart it complains it can't find the driver and hangs.

If I clone a spare Seagate drive I don't get this message.

Also, the original Hitachi drive is 80Gb of which only 30Gb is in use. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 32bit on a Acer Aspire 5050 with a AMD Turon MK38 processor.

Hi hutchla,
    Have you install the correct driver?
    Also you can try other os, such as windows 7 or windows xp.
    Windows 7 is better for SSD.

Thread Information