Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New User, Big Problem with RunCore 128GB Pro IV 1.8" 5mm PATA Zif Solid State Drive

Default New User, Big Problem with RunCore 128GB Pro IV 1.8" 5mm PATA Zif Solid State Drive

I own a Vaio-UX i got a runcore 128gb zif pata in january, everything was ok until about a month where i started blue screening, i would regularly bluescreen if there would be any load. Long story short it's not any of my components.

I've recently did a crystal disk mark and my write speed is at 10-16mb's and i was getting atleast 40-ish, I was going to call runcore today for a rma until i stumbled on this thread from there site. Noticing other people having BSOD and then it pretty much confirmed for me this is the drive's issue and not my system.

I was getting alot of frequent bsods almost instantly every time, then i ran sanitary erase and it seemed to have fixed the problem, but the BSOD happened again rarely this time. Now the degrading write performance is also a sign something is wrong. My reads are as should be at 92 mb/s

I would like to point out when it comes to SSD maintenance i literally get psycho with it. I always run wiper after every delete of any file, i have OCZ ssd drives and keep up with all the tricks and tips. Page file off you name it i got done and some.

Hopefully somebody here can shed some light as to whats going on, i believe a rma is definitely necessary in my case, my event viewer has been reporting bad blocks in certain files, to pay for a expensive drive and get this result is very troublesome.

Look forward to the responses

EDIT: OS Windows XP 32bit
    Last edited by UMHUMAN10; 03-29-2010 at 10:48 PM.

Default Re: New User, Big Problem with RunCore 128GB Pro IV 1.8" 5mm PATA Zif Solid State Dri

Thanks for the support guys, feel free to reply to this thread when you get tired driving your Lamborghini's which i part-took in paying for.

Default Re: New User, Big Problem with RunCore 128GB Pro IV 1.8" 5mm PATA Zif Solid State Dri

Dear Sir,

Sorry for the delay. I have some questions to check with you.
    Can you check what UDMA mode you are running by HD tune or other software?
    When you receive the SSD have you tested its read is at 92 mb/s ?
    And what's P/N of your drive which is on the back of it ?
    Thanks.

I am at udma6, i use hdparm to manually force it to run at udma6. When i got the runcore my reads were at 90mb/s level. My reads appear to be in order, but recently i have been getting failures in event viewer stating bad blocks and bsods like other people are having, whenever something would try to load.

Doing a recent test with crystal disk mark my writes are at 10-16mbs, and typically i would be in the 45 level, sometimes as high as 57. Something is clearly wrong

PN: 14092800
    SN: 280912050068

Hello?

I suggest you run wiper to try whether it can restore the performance.

I have run wiper prior to making this thread, i also have corrupt blocks in event viewer.

Are you guys going to do something, my expensive drive i paid for has bad blocks and i'm not the only having these problems. I obviously require an rma, i would appreciate if the company that has no problem taking my money would also have no problem offering customer support.

It's normal, that would be bad blocks for NAND flash.
    This is inevitable.

A good controller IC would do well in bad block management and wear leveling.

No it's not a NORMAL drive, i'm getting read and write errors with bsod's. That is not what a normal drive does, it is TYPICAL to get bad blocks yes, NOT to have them and say everything is ok especially when the drive was bought 3-4 months ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information