Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Looking for an adapter...

Default Looking for an adapter...

...for a SSD made by Samsung out of an Macbook air with sata-life interface to standart sata interface. I want to use the SSD in a PC. Does that adapter already exist and where can i buy it?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Rene

Default Re: Looking for an adapter...

Hello

Is it SATA life interface or are you refering to SATA LIF interface. Can you provide photo of SATA-life to make it more clear.

RunCore Support
    Last edited by RunCore Tech_Support; 04-21-2010 at 04:38 PM.

Default Re: Looking for an adapter...

Quote Originally Posted by mrf1980 View Post
    ...for a SSD made by Samsung out of an Macbook air with sata-life interface to standart sata interface. I want to use the SSD in a PC. Does that adapter already exist and where can i buy it?
    Don't believe a microsata-to-LIF adapter exists. Though it's not too hard to make one yourself or recruit your local mobile phone repairer to do it for you. See
    MBA rev. B, drive swap mod for 1.8" micro-sata. If you have room could get a 1.8" microsata connector instead of soldering on the SSD itself as is shown in the link.
    DIY ViDock O/C HP dualIDA | PLL pinmod | grub2 loader Storage 1.8" ZIF SSDs: ProIV, Photofast V4 | ODD caddy SSD/HDD | e-sata/usb

Now: 12" HP 2510P U7600@1.6 2GB 64GB ProIV SSD + 500GB.caddy + GTX470/3dmark.vant=P5561 | Win7/64 XP.sp3 Ubuntu9.10
    Now: 14" Compaq CQ41 i5-430M 2.26 4GB 500GB + GTX470@x2/3dmark.vant=P10481 | Win7/64
    Next(Q1.2011): Sandy Bridge + pci-e 3.0 + GTX470-OC/3dmark06=22k

Thread Information