Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: RunCore 32GB ssd drive no more recognized by BIOS

Default RunCore 32GB ssd drive no more recognized by BIOS

I August 2009 I bought a RunCore 32GB ssd drive RCP-I-S7032-C SN:0900012545 MiniPCLe 3.0 VJ01 for an Asus eeepc 900A.
    Today the disk has stoped working after a standby. I tryed to access to the disk through the USB port and all I get is: JMicron Flash CR Loader USB Device 1.92 GB Also in the BIOS the disck is not recognized like a RunCore disk anymore.
    Can you tell me what to do?

Default Re: RunCore 32GB ssd drive no more recognized by BIOS

Hello, icc.
    I suggest that you can select RMA process, because I think the firmware of your disk is lost.
    The best way is sent to them for redownload the firmware.

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CEnrico%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmso html1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>14</w:HyphenationZone> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:70.85pt 2.0cm 2.0cm 2.0cm; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tabella normale"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> Thank you for your answer.<o:p></o:p>
    I know that there is a software that can reinitialized the flash bios of the disk. So, before sanding it back, I would like to try that way. Maybe, this procedure can save my time in reinstalling all the SO and software.<o:p></o:p>
    Can I have a response from Runcore customer support?<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Thank you<o:p></o:p>

Hello Ico

Yes there is a Flash bios, but we are not encouraging customers to do it.
    We can only repair it using our own tool because confidential info is involved
    So we suggest you to do a RMA

RunCore Support

I used the tool on MyDigitalDiscount and now the disk works, but maybe a litle bit slower (not really shure).

Hope I will not have any further problems...

Thread Information