Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: A lot of problems with 128Gb Runcore 1.8" SSD with lif socket for Macbook air

Unhappy A lot of problems with 128Gb Runcore 1.8" SSD with lif socket for Macbook air

Hi there,

This is Miguel from Madrid. Sorry for my english ;-)

I received yesterday a 128Gb Runcore 1.8" SSD with lif socket (I paid 449$ in MyDigitalDiscount).

The first problem I've found is the lif socket has no way to get the connector inside. I've read there are some users that have the same problem as I have, because mine doesn't have the little back piece that should close the connector.

I've used scotch tape and keep it inside the enclosure and could make the carbon copy cleaner, but this is very unstable, but the main problem still wasn't appear.

After following the tutorial I've read from IfixIt, I've found there is a slight misplacement (less than 3 mm to the left) that makes impossible to use the SSD inside the macbook air, because the connecter is not enough long to use it. Not just the Runcore connector but the original one that fix perfect to the original hard drive isn't enough long to connect de SSD. The problem is the place where the SSD LIF socket is placed, because the connecter is exactly the same as the original one, but the LIF socket is 3 mm to the left in the SSD than the original hard drive.

I've read the serial number and it says the SSD is from 2009 July (it's in the connector), so I suppose it should be an error and the SSD that MyDigitalDiscount have sent men is an old unit that they had there.

I will take some pictures of both problems and post it, because it makes the Runcore SSD complety impossible to install it in a Macbook air.

I've sent a Mail to MyDigitalDiscount but they are still not answered.

I'll let you know how it solves but I'm very dissapointed that a piece that costs 450$ hav all those problems.

Please if someone have had similar problems let me know how can I proceed.

Cheers

Miguel

Default Re: A lot of problems with 128Gb Runcore 1.8" SSD with lif socket for Macbook air

Ive sent three mails to mydigitaldiscount but they have not answered none of them...

Can't believe that is happening

Default Re: A lot of problems with 128Gb Runcore 1.8" SSD with lif socket for Macbook air

Hello,

Can you take some photos and mail to our support team?
    Then they will send the Installation Manual to you by mail.
    Thanks.

I've forwarded this page to mydigitaldiscount. Hopefully they'll get in touch with you asap. Thanks for your patient.
    In the meantime, can you please provide some pictures of your problems to support@runcore.com
    Thank you

Thumbs up Re: A lot of problems with 128Gb Runcore 1.8" SSD with lif socket for Macbook air

Great thaks for the support os RunCore and MyDigitalDiscount.

I have now a new unit and my Macbook air has a fantastic results on xbench tests.

It is incredible fast right now

Thanks again.

I only have one more question. The Macbook air it's a little slow on bios boot (time until the apple appears). After that it's very fast as I told before.

Any suggestion to make a faster bios boot?

Thanks

cc101 and RunCore Tech_Support,

We DEMAND that you respond to this thread:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f78/macb...runcore-39131/

The last response was over two months ago. We have since had more and more people come forward with the same issues that no one is responding to.

Thread Information