Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Support.... Does it exist outside of the community?

Default Support.... Does it exist outside of the community?

I've got a Dell Mini 9 with a Runcore 64Gb SSD (Dell actually installed it from the factory, and it is a runcore!) that has gone from *fast* to about floppy disk speed... Not normal SSD slowdown over time, but the 'wow, I wish I had a 5.25" floppy to boot from, it'd be faster".

Obviously, THIS kind of slowdown isn't normal, and I've sent several messages to RunCore to no avail, not even a response over the course of three weeks, Soo, I figure I'd as the community - has anyone seen similar performance degradation on the mini-pcie mini 9 ssd's that would cause such severe performance hits? If so, is there any way to fix this or should I just exercise a warranty option with dell since they technically got the drive from RunCore (it took 6 months to get this, as they pulled the 64Gb SSD's due to sourcing problems, apparently sourced directly from RC for mine and a handful of others).

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated!

Default Re: Support.... Does it exist outside of the community?

Try low-level format and reinstalling OS, that might help you with the issue.
    Also, to try to resolve it, i will need your SN# and product model.

Here is what is on the SSD itself:
    v2.0_VJ01
    S/N: 0900005040

I dont know if you can cross-reference model by SN, but if not the version is the best I can come up with; it is a 64Gb SSD for the Dell Mini 9, non T model if that helps.

Thanks for the reply, if only the webform ever gave one! :)

We also suggest you to defrag the SSD. If there was no help after defragging and formatting, we would then suggest you to do RMA. In fact, re-initializing SSD might probably help to resolve the issue, but we do not recommend customers to do so because it is risky and it may cause the SSD to be 'dead'. So please contact your vendor for the RMA.
    Last edited by RunCore Tech_Support; 06-01-2010 at 11:16 AM.

I will try those things; however do you have a utility available for a low-level format? I haven't heard of doing one of those since the days of RLL hard drives. :) Are you speaking of a true low-level format or just a 'non-quick' format through windows? The last time I've done a low-level format was the late 80's and it had to be done through assembler; I assume there's an easier way for an SSD.. :)

If not, I can go through Dell, but I just would rather try to fix it myself as dell sees it as a 64Gb SSD and not a RunCore drive, I know the performance of another 64Gb SSD from Dell wasn't NEARLY as good as this (was when it worked properly). I'd hate to send it in to get back a TSSI or whatever other brands they are sourcing are!

Thanks again,
    Diamond187

Sorry for the misleading. What i mean is the 'non-quick' format through windows.

Thread Information