Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: SSD not detected by Aspire One A110

Default SSD not detected by Aspire One A110

Hi there,

I had bought the RunCore Pro PATA Mini Zif SSD for my Aspire One 110 and had managed to replace is correctly with no problems.

However recently it has stopped working (I haven't used my netbook for about a month) and is not being detected by the BIOS. The strange thing is that when I attach it with the MicroUSB to the PC it is detected correctly with all the data still inside and everything.

This leads me to think that either the ZIF cable or the ZIF port has stopped working. I've tried this on two separate Aspire Ones and I have the old stock SSD which is working correctly with both machines.

Could you please help me out on what I can do? Is it possible to get a new ZIF cable to see if that's the problem?

Thanks a lot.

Default Re: SSD not detected by Aspire One A110

Yes you can contact your vendor for a zif cable, but before you do so, please try to clean the goldfingers on the cable because it could have been oxidized.

Default Re: SSD not detected by Aspire One A110

Quote Originally Posted by RunCore Tech_Support View Post
    Yes you can contact your vendor for a zif cable, but before you do so, please try to clean the goldfingers on the cable because it could have been oxidized.
    Thanks for your reply.

How would I go about cleaning the cable? Shall I use alcohol or some fine sandpaper?

Unfortunately I do not have a vendor since I had bought the SSD off eBay. Unfortunately very few places are willing to send to Malta, where I live, so if i were to be able to fix it on my own it would be great!

Thread Information