Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Folder with Question mark on reboot

Default Folder with Question mark on reboot

I just installed a Runcore RCP-IV-ZA1828-C in my Macbook Air revision A model. It works great when I first start up the machine.

However when I reboot it shows a flashing folder with a question mark. if I power it down the machine and then start it up again same thing, folder with question mark.

However if I wait a while (15-45 minutes) then start up the machine "cold" it will work just fine.

I am running the 1916 release of the firmware. Is there anything else that could be causing this?

Default Re: Folder with Question mark on reboot

Can you please provide the P/N and S/N?
    Thanks

Part number: RCP-IV-ZA1864-C
    Serial number: 281005190095

Angry Re: Folder with Question mark on reboot

Hi,
    My Runcore SSD was purchased directly from Runcore through their online store in December 2009 and has failed now with the question mark folder on booting. It has been installed and working well in my Apple MacBook AIR Rev-A since January this year. Last week it failed to start on power on and does not work any more. When it was working it was amazingly fast and dependable for me, but when it failed .....

The MacBook does not see the boot disk drive at startup, showing the Apple blinking "?" folder icon after trying for about 3 minutes. Test software booted from a DVD does not see the drive at all and there is no response to SMART tests.

The Runcore model is RCP-IV-ZA1828-C and it was running FW 1916, the Sales Order number is RCS-1816 through the Runcore store, P/N 14092800 and S/N 280912050101. My original Apple 64GB SSD drive works fine in the AIR, and the Runcore is not visible when installed in the USB enclosure and connected.

I have emailed Runcore Support twice over the last week asking what I have to do to get it repaired or replaced under warranty, no response at all so far?

Not happy with Runcore product or support at all at the moment .......

Regards and good luck to all the happy and not so happy Runcore customers, looks like we'll all need it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tym1003 View Post
    Hi,
    My Runcore SSD was purchased directly from Runcore through their online store in December 2009 and has failed now with the question mark folder on booting. It has been installed and working well in my Apple MacBook AIR Rev-A since January this year. Last week it failed to start on power on and does not work any more. When it was working it was amazingly fast and dependable for me, but when it failed .....

The MacBook does not see the boot disk drive at startup, showing the Apple blinking "?" folder icon after trying for about 3 minutes. Test software booted from a DVD does not see the drive at all and there is no response to SMART tests.

The Runcore model is RCP-IV-ZA1828-C and it was running FW 1916, the Sales Order number is RCS-1816 through the Runcore store, P/N 14092800 and S/N 280912050101. My original Apple 64GB SSD drive works fine in the AIR, and the Runcore is not visible when installed in the USB enclosure and connected.

I have emailed Runcore Support twice over the last week asking what I have to do to get it repaired or replaced under warranty, no response at all so far?

Not happy with Runcore product or support at all at the moment .......

Regards and good luck to all the happy and not so happy Runcore customers, looks like we'll all need it!!!
    For your case there may be something wrong with the firmware and which caused the firmware sudden lost. It needs to be sent back to our manufacturing for re-initialization. Can you provide a bit of your information such as the address that the SSD was sent to so I can pass your case to the relevant person for your replacement. (you can send the info to support@runcore.com)
    Last edited by RunCore Tech_Support; 07-07-2010 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mbriney View Post
    I just installed a Runcore RCP-IV-ZA1828-C in my Macbook Air revision A model. It works great when I first start up the machine.

However when I reboot it shows a flashing folder with a question mark. if I power it down the machine and then start it up again same thing, folder with question mark.

However if I wait a while (15-45 minutes) then start up the machine "cold" it will work just fine.

I am running the 1916 release of the firmware. Is there anything else that could be causing this?
    In your case, the interface of the SSD may be loose, you might have to contact your vendor for a replacement. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by RunCore Tech_Support View Post
    For your case there may be something wrong with the firmware and which caused the firmware sudden lost. It needs to be sent back to our manufacturing for re-initialization. Can you provide a bit of your information such as the address that the SSD was sent to so I can pass your case to the relevant person for your replacement. (you can send the info to support@runcore.com)
    Thank you for the reply - I have provided my details in the two emails that I have sent in the last week to support@runcore.com (June 29 and July 2) including:
    the Runcore store Sales Order - RCS-1816,
    Serial Number - 280912050101,
    Part Number - 14092800
    Product ID - RCP-IV-ZA1828-C.

I had upgraded the FW to 1916 more than a month before and it had been working well until one morning when waking from sleep there was the dreaded "spinning beachball" at the logon screen when the Macbook AIR woke from sleep with nothing else happening. After a reboot there was the long wait and then the "? folder" icon indicating that there was no boot device present. Very sad if these SSDs can "lose" their FW with no cause.

I will resend my email to Runcore support with all of thesee details again along with my shipping address in Australia, and hope that there is someone there to respond this time.

Tony.

Thumbs up Re: Folder with Question mark on reboot

Good news at last, their email system was having "problems" that are now fixed and I received a response from them and the Aus agent for Runcore arranging for a return of my faulty SSD and hopefully they will provide a replacement within 30 days. If this all comes out well then I will be happy again with the Runcore support.

Thread Information