Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Runcore SSD USB enclosure not recognised on OS X

Default Re: Runcore SSD USB enclosure not recognised on OS X

The SSD that you rescued, was it a RunCore SSD or the factory SSD (probably a samsung)? When you connected the rescued SSD to the enclosure, did you use the cable from the MBA or the cable that came with RunCore SSD? Do you mind taking a picture showing your connection, on both ends, of the enclosure and the SSD, and include that picture in your response?

Quote Originally Posted by ktula View Post
    The SSD that you rescued, was it a RunCore SSD or the factory SSD (probably a samsung)? When you connected the rescued SSD to the enclosure, did you use the cable from the MBA or the cable that came with RunCore SSD? Do you mind taking a picture showing your connection, on both ends, of the enclosure and the SSD, and include that picture in your response?
    It was the one from the MBA. I used the cable that came with the RunCore SSD case. Note that I did not buy a RunCore SDD. I only purchased the case. All I want to do here is rescue the data from my old hard drive. The actual computer the hard drive is from is broken, so I don't want to put a new drive in. Does this affect things?

I have taken three pictures:

Do you have any idea what's going wrong here?

I tried connecting it both sides up, and neither way around work.

You should really be using the MBA ribbon cable to connect to the RunCore enclosure. I had problem initially getting the MBA HDD recognized too when i was using RunCore's cable. After switching to the MBA cable, problem solved. I'll take a few pictures of how i have connected the MBA HDD to RunCore's enclosure when i get home tonight.

Hmm.

Okay, thanks.

If this works I will be SO happy.

Really appreciate all the help you're giving!

Quote Originally Posted by ktula View Post
    You should really be using the MBA ribbon cable to connect to the RunCore enclosure. I had problem initially getting the MBA HDD recognized too when i was using RunCore's cable. After switching to the MBA cable, problem solved. I'll take a few pictures of how i have connected the MBA HDD to RunCore's enclosure when i get home tonight.
    Just tried this, but nothing happened. :(

Here is the picture of the MBA's HDD connected to RunCore's enclosure using MBA's cable:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information