Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Runcore 32 GB Pro IV 70 mm with firmware B001 has OS install fail...

Default Re: Runcore 32 GB Pro IV 70 mm with firmware B001 has OS install fail...

To redcurl: my firmware was not on the RunCore website. Apparently they let people download freely only the updates that do not involve hardware modifications. The software I received is composed of many parts. First, it's a series of executables that erase the flash chips (only one needed; had to select the one matching my chips). Then, an installer from Indilinx (customized for RunCore) that checks and performs the firmware update (which is contained within the software). After the update, the software checks the integrity of the newly flashed data.If having two mini PCI express slots, it's possible to have the OS and flashing software on one SSD, and perform surgery on the other. Otherwise, an adapter is needed, to flash it in a desktop computer (SATA-to-miniPCIE adapter). It cannot be done with the USB-to-miniPCIE enclosure!I chose a VERY strong paper clip and it was pre-tensioned so it stayed rock solid. The thickness of the PCB helped too. The holes are metallized on the inside (like vias) so it provided a very good electrical contact. I kept it as it proved a very useful tool ;-)

To eeewpc: as you can see, the procedure is not very easy (not very high-tech, either!). But as you live in the US, it's easier for you to get a RMA with the store that sold you the SSD. No need to write to RunCore. They already know of the problem. The reseller will send it to a RunCore authorised service - or to RunCore itself - and you will get it back fixed or (more likely) a new one, from a batch flashed with the latest firmware. They (RunCore) prefer working with resellers and not individual customers as it is more productive to send out entire batches. In spite of apparently being just another obscure Chinese company, RunCore proved serious and I will not fear buying from them again.So, get your RMA and solve this the easy way, without any risk. I'd do that if I were you. Let 3rd world MacGyvers mess their machines with paper clips ;-)
    Last edited by Insider; 12-20-2011 at 01:47 AM.

Default Re: Runcore 32 GB Pro IV 70 mm with firmware B001 has OS install fail...

Hello,

I had the same problem you there is a little over a month. After two weeks and several attempts, I finally give up.

I talked to my dealer offered him my back, what I did. He exchanged standart. But with the new SSD, the problem was always the same! This return cost me one third of the original price, I can not count longer return again.

I came across this forum by accident, which made ​​me want to try again. The loss of warranty does not bother me. I have good knowledge of electronics (as teacher). You'd be he can send me the tools and the method Runcore has provided you?

It seems that we have exactly the same SSD:
    RunCore RCP-IV-S7032-MC
    S / N: 321109230136
    More Indilinx Barefoot controller IDX110M02
    B001 firmware
    Micron 4 GB NAND 29F32G08CBABA

Sorry for phrases, I am French and used google translation.

I thank you in advance.

Problem solved by erasing NAND et flash new firmware.

Thanks a lot to Insider for is help.

Happy new year.

Default Step By Step Video Guide How To upgrade the Runcore Firmware

Hi People!

I decided to do a step by step video guide for it.
    How To RunCore SSD Firmware Update - YouTube
    these are the requirements:

Checklist:

Hardware

- Runcore SSD Pro IV
    - Srewdriver (Comes With RunCore SSD)
    - External RunCore Enclosure (Comes With RunCore SSD)
    - Compatible with but not limited to: Asus EEE PC 900, 900A, 901, 901 Go, and S101
    - Paper Clip

Software

- MP Tool Indilinx

Material supplied by official support@runcore.com:

- Instructives PDF:
    http://db.tt/UV92oLm8

- MP Tool: (Flashing Tool With Latest Firmware 2030 version)
    http://db.tt/RUOz5rdD

Thanks Insider for the brilliant Idea for the paper clip.

A very informative thread, thank you! Unfortunately my 32gb has 8x Intel JS29F32G08AAMDB so firmware 2030 doesn't look like it will work for me. Would anyone happen to have an MPTool that has Intel firmware?

I've emailed Runcore support, but no sign of life as yet :(

Thanks very much!

Just wondering if anyone else has had any problems with their recent purchases of the Runcore ssd, or has the bad batch been fixed? And where did you guys purchase it from!?

@Lippi I've got exactly the same spec ssd as you
    Which firmware update did you apply?
    and is it available on the main runcore site, i've tried 1916 Micron bios update but it doesnt work
    I get this error
    "[ERROR]PCI bios not found"

Quote Originally Posted by Lippi View Post
    Hello,

I had the same problem you there is a little over a month. After two weeks and several attempts, I finally give up.

I talked to my dealer offered him my back, what I did. He exchanged standart. But with the new SSD, the problem was always the same! This return cost me one third of the original price, I can not count longer return again.

I came across this forum by accident, which made ​​me want to try again. The loss of warranty does not bother me. I have good knowledge of electronics (as teacher). You'd be he can send me the tools and the method Runcore has provided you?

It seems that we have exactly the same SSD:
    RunCore RCP-IV-S7032-MC
    S / N: 321109230136
    More Indilinx Barefoot controller IDX110M02
    B001 firmware
    Micron 4 GB NAND 29F32G08CBABA

Sorry for phrases, I am French and used google translation.

I thank you in advance.

I just had my RunCore Pro IV 32GB stop being detected in my eeepc 901 after 3 years of use. I've successfully fixed it (losing all data) using the help from this thread.

Here are a few more notes about my experience...

SSD manufacturers -RunCore SSD Official Website > service > firmware upgrade > RCP-IV-XXXX-MC_SSD_Rework_or_FW_upgrade_Tools_FW2030
    (I had to register to download. The download contains Indilinx MP Tool for both Samsung and Intel flash chips)

My Flash chips are Intel. I asked RunCore via tech support email which option I should choose in 'Device type', but they never responded, so I went for trial and error until the flash succeeded.

I checked the 'use usb bridge' option on the 'option' tab.

I found that some USB controllers or possibly PCs don't seem to work reliably. If you get a hang after 'RAM BIST' in the console window, try another PC.

Here are pictures of my SSD and the 'Device type' setting that finally worked for me.
    Photo Album - Imgur

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem like you all. I tried to register in SSD manufacturers -RunCore SSD Official Website but it is not working. An error is shown when I complete everything. I wrote to support but they have never replied. I am a little bit desperate.

See post #14, the MP tool link is still active.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information