Intel Memory Police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Memory Police

I just purchased an Intel D875PBZ motherboard and I was planning on using some Kingmax memory. When I went to the Intel website, Kingmax was not listed as tested memory. Should I stick with only memory that Intel has tested? I am not really interested in overclocking very much although I would do the very few simple things that Intel provides for.

Since I am not planning to overclock, is there really inex*****ve memory I can use?

Generally speaking, manufacturers often pimp somewhat for "partner" corporations.
    You see this all the time like digi-cams reccomending a specific brand of flash card, batteries etc.

These reccomendations aren't particularly critical to success.
    Indeed, you can have a degree of certainty in knowing that should you choose to use the reccomended RAM it has been fully tested and will work without issue.

However, any well-made compatible RAM from a reliable manufacturer will in most cases yield results that are just as good.

I think all motherboard manufacturers have a list of tested RAM from their particular group of manufacturers aligned with them.

This is to be considered good information by all means, but not necessarily the definitive word on which brand you MUST purchase.

Feel free to use any brand you wish. Just make certain it is the appropriate RAM type for the application you intend to use it for. Make sure it is compatible with all the specifications for RAM for your motherboard and is made by a reputable manufacturer with all the good warranties and other things in place.

It's a jungle out there :)
    Do your homework, and you should find any number of RAM that will work just fine with your motherboard.

If you want 100% security with minimal effort, use the list of Manufacturers already tested and approved by Intel.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Thanks so much.

Comment

Working...
      X