how do i overclock my xbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i overclock my xbox

how would i go about overclocking my xbox?

You don't.

Comment

HAHA this thread just made me seriously laugh. I don't know why, it just seems like an absurd idea to me.

Comment

well isnt it a P3 processor?...y cant u overclock it...u can oc a normal p3 processor

Comment

Well if u get the bios settings up and we'll take it from there:laugh:

Comment

Well you could always like manually oc it. By like rewireing.. but Why would you want to overclock a xBox? The latest games that are coming out now.. Won't need any more juice then the ones that came out when the xbox did. So why have extra power? when it'll never be needed. I know you can convert a Xbox into a regular PC though.

Comment

well, i wanted to overclock it so i can host more people on a CS server w/ out the lag. I have a T1 internet connection at my school...so i know thats not why it lags...

Comment

umm y are you hosting a cs server on an xbox instead of a normal pc? :confused:

Comment

wtf?

Comment

I remeber the old hl1 engine... FLF got kinda boring when they mentioned hl2.. CS.. It'll be gone one day.. So will consoles.. I'm not a console fan.. but yet i own a PS2.. what a worthless investment once again.

Comment

The Xbox's motherboard has no switches or overclocking options at all. You can't do it.

And yes it uses a P3-family Celeron at 733mhz.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulburner
                        The Xbox's motherboard has no switches or overclocking options at all. You can't do it.

And yes it uses a P3-family Celeron at 733mhz.
                        You can buy one already hopped-up to 1480MHz here.

Comment

Originally posted by sepherum2ya
                          but Why would you want to overclock a xBox? The latest games that are coming out now.. Won't need any more juice then the ones that came out when the xbox did. So why have extra power? when it'll never be needed.

Some games lag nicly for example:
                          Halo when playing 8-16 Players multiplayer games and using rokets or grenades
                          Ninja Gaiden when killing bats with Vigorian Flails
                          Fable when using magic (lots of particel efects)
                          Unreal Championship when hosting a game (not deticaded)
                          Counter-Strike when hosting a game (not deticaded)

Originally posted by theyneverknew
                          umm y are you hosting a cs server on an xbox instead of a normal pc? :confused:

The Xbox version of CS!!! I think only Microsoft and Valve has the "Xbox CS server for PC"

Originally posted by Wordbiker<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_195752", true); </SCRIPT>
                          You can buy one already hopped-up to 1480MHz
                          Originally posted by Wordbiker<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_195752", true); </SCRIPT>

Thats a different processor and they use an external clockgenerator

Oh and BTW the only way to get rid of the lag on the CS server is to OC by soldering an external clockgenerator to the Xbox motherboard OR just simply host a deticated game

Comment

Re: how do i overclock my xbox

there is still no need to overclock and xbox, the lag you all experience is really just the crap default set speed for system links and live. That is cause of lag so Xbox has no reason for overclocking, it owuld jsut ruin it after a while.

Comment

Working...
                            X