PLEASE HELP!! dual channel prob.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP!! dual channel prob.

Hello, I hope u guys will be able to help me out here...

ok, I have ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe which has dual channel ram feature... I bought 1gb Kingston PC3200 Dual Channel Kit ram and installed but when I check with CPU-Z it shows Single channel and also I check with sisoft sandra and it showed 1 channel as well..

OK, I know that A7N8X-E Deluxe supports only up to 333Mhz speed of RAMs and I put 400Mhz in there so can it be the actual problem of them not working in dual channel mode? Actually I was also wondering if there is anything has to be changed in BIOS in order to work in dual channel...

guys, I'm lost here, please help me out with some info...

Thanks in advance.

Re: PLEASE HELP!! dual channel prob.

Do you have the modules in slots 2 and 3?

Comment

Actually the slots' tags on the board say SlotA1, SlotA2 and SlotB1. I have them in Slots A1 and A2. I tried to put in slot B1 and first I booted it showed only 512 of ram and then I removed it from the slot claned the pins and put it back and it didn't boot at all, so I just put it back to A1 and it worked fine...

Comment

Ok they renamed the slots with the E version so use A1 and B1.

Comment

I already tried that way, A1 and B1 but it the computer didn't boot up, I mean it powered up but the monitor didn't get any signal and the computer just didn't go to further bootup process..

Comment

hey wayout44, u are the man :) it did the job, now it's in the dual channel mode :) thanks a lot man, I appreciate it!<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_223856", true); </SCRIPT>

Comment

Working...
            X