Help with monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with monitor

Today i bought a GeForce FX 5700 Ve DDR and i installed the hardware into my computer but when i plug my monitor into it it just says "please check signal cable" what am i doing wrong? Ive gotten mixed things from the internet, my friend said my moniter might be too old, and then there has been a lot of search results saying that i should disable my old video card which is an onboard graphics card.
    Last edited by KeepTahoeBlue; 05-03-2005, 12:16 AM.

Re: Help with monitor

Go into BIOS and look for something about onboard video, disable it.

Comment

You'll also want to make sure you set the BIOS to get video from the AGP/PCI slot first. Many motherboards have both of these settings within the CMOS settings.

If this doesn't do the trick, then try to remove the video board and get some canned air to clean out the port. Dust can keep the system from reading the video board so this can help things run smoothly.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

i looked all through my bios i think im using a Phoenix awardbios v6.00pg looked all through it and no results regarding my video cards, can anyone help me out in finding what im looking for in the BIOS? i also went on PNY technical support but it was automated and really stupid. Also in device manager it gives me the option to disable my old card an onboard S3 Prosavage DDR, would that work, and if i do disable it and my new video card still doesnt work, am i stuck with a black screen until i can get it fixed?
        Last edited by KeepTahoeBlue; 05-03-2005, 06:03 PM. Reason: added more info

Comment

When you remove it from the device manager, you are only deleting it within Windows. You need to tell the BIOS not to load the onboard video, otherwise Windows will simply pick it up again as the default video device the next time it boots up. There are a lot of motherboards that use the Phoenix/Award BIOS so that doesn't help all that much, but you'll want to find where it asks what to look for when it boots. It should have 2 choices, one says the Savage or onboard video, the other choice should say PCI/AGP or something similar. If you still can't find it, you might check out www.rojakpot.com and check out their BIOS optimization guide. It is one of the best around and should help you find the setting I'm talking about.
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

Working...
          X