Compaq Deskpro 4000 Error-f10/12dont Boot Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compaq Deskpro 4000 Error-f10/12dont Boot Up

Early(late model)COMPAQS SUCK!-I cant get NO DIAGNOSTIC F10/12 STARTUP:NO OPTIONS TO WORK WITH once the curser jumps to RIGHT HAND OF SCREEN WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO ?Can somebody who knows what the COMPAQ DESKPRO 4000 MOTHERBOARD SCHEMATICS IS?PLEASE EMAIL ME BOARD BLUEPRINTS FOR THE MINI-PIN SWITCHES/AND HOW TO FIX MY STARTUP,And I get weird error codes.MY EMAIL:[email protected] I dont normally have such a hard time upgrading/rebuilding discarded P.C.'S(THROWN AWAY!-PEOPLE ACTUALY DO THIS WITH WHOLE COMPUTERS,WHATTA WASTE OF PARTS! )!But I found this COMPAQ DESKPRO 4000 in electronics/appliences repair DUMPSTER and CURIOUSITY WAS TOO MUCH 4 me to pass up ...

Re: Compaq Deskpro 4000 Error-f10/12dont Boot Up

It was in the dumpster for a reason. Those PCs were not worth anything when they were new. It most likely has a lock out code in Bios that cannot be cracked. I had one and ended up srtipping it for parts because of the same issue. Take out anything that is useful and put the carcass in the trash.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

hello Lappy here i am pc tech of 9 years and worked on several hundred of these deskpros,these computers have a software bios not an on chip bios that you can enter into,the MBR will self configure ,but in order to load an os on it you will have to boot from a "floppy", beings that is the default boot drive for this crappy compaq ..once the computer is programmed it does run pretty sweet but getting to that point can be a headache at times.also remember that this certain pc in question will not acknowledge a hard drive of no larger than eight gigabytes.

Comment

Lappy, I have a Deskpro 4000 and replaced the smaller 1.?GB HD with a 13 GB without any problems at all....but I had a computer friend of mine on the phone walking me through it. The Deskpro was my first internet computer. Got it back in 1998. I was given to me by a guy who couldn't get it running (it wouldn't boot up). I called their Tech Support number (still under warranty?) and they walked me through the problem....it ended up being a bad memory card. I still have it but rarely use it (my antique). But it still works.

Comment

I have a question about the Compaq Deskpro 4000 300mhz computer, I am having a big internet problem, first off I got the onboard ethernet card running perfect, the yellow and green lights on the card were also lite up and blinking, well as soon as I click online it tells me I have no sorce to the network, so I put that off and even installed a Network Everywhere card and went and got that all set up the very same way, even both lights were flashing again, well ones again the very same responce. I have checked the ethernet hook up cable with another computer and it ran just fine, so everything is fine, and also I did all the stuff in the network page where you have to hook up the TCP and the client, so there is only one thing I can think of, does this computer have anyway to click a F1 or F4 or any other thing to open a Bios page where maybe theres a line that has to be switched on saying to activate the internet card or something like that? Be waying to see if anyone knows anything about what I'm saying. I can also be e-mailed at [email protected] if this website don't mind.

Comment

Have you installed a driver for your network card? Is the card actually enabled in your operating system? You neglected to share with us what your operating system is. I assume a flavor of Windows .... probably 98. Check device manger settings and see if your card is properly recognized and driver is properly installed: Right click on "My Computer", select "Properties", and select the "Device Manager" tab. Look for "!" and "?" marks as well as opening the properties for your new device.

Edit: I just noticed that this thread is in the "Other OS" area
            Last edited by PrairieDawg; 02-12-2006, 11:11 AM.
            Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

My OS is Win 98, and yes my network adapter shows and reads that my computer has two ethernets installed, one is a on board network card and the other is a Network Everywhere Card. And I also checked to see if my ethernet hookup was dead and that is working fine also. I mean it's very strange, I take my other computer and hook it up to the very same hook up and both the yellow and green lights flash and connection is made in seconds, I also checked my Network page and there isn't one thing missing like a client or protacol or anything. I am totally in awe over this, but there was this small clip online telling me something about the Compaq DeskPro 4000 not hooking up to the network when you use Windows 98, then I thought I seen a file that needed to be copied and installed but it was early in the morning and I was to tired so I'm here again trying to fix it again. Did anyone ever hear of this, a computer that has a network card on the motherboard not working with Win 98 and needing a file copied to it.

Comment

Working...
              X