What case should i get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What case should i get?

Hi, I'm looking for some advice on a case/powersupply combo that's cheap and cool. I am strapped for cash at the moment and since my power supply has reecently bust on me I decided I may as well get a new case too... I've been upgrading for years and my case looks like it belongs with captain kirk and his groovy crew.

With my system specs.
    AMD Athlon T-Bird 1Ghz 256 pc -133
    Asus A7A266-E
    Asus geforce 3 v8200 pure
    Western Digital 40gb 7200rpm
    win98

with my old case I usually got 65 degrees when playing heavily detailed games and for my specs I know that aint good.
    I'm planning to upgrade to an Athlon XP 1800+ soon but i dont want to overclock so that isnt a factor.

any Ideas?

thanks in advance.

Cheap in 99.9% of cases = RUBBISH (And you'll probably wind up in the same situation again that you're in now).
    You may want to have a look at the AOpen H500 (make sure that it has the 300w PSU though) or their H600A (I use this one and it's good but made even better with a top blowhole, PC No.2 in sig. The same for the other as well).
    These are the two cheapest quality cases with good PSU's that I know of. Also what HSF are ya using? :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Uh i've forgotten which heatsink and fan I have....
      I know its a coolermaster....but its a half decent one.....I think.

Roughly how much are those cases you mentioned?

thanks for your response btw.

Comment

I couldn't really tell you the price where you are though they are middle of the range here but check the local and online stores in your geographical area.
        The if CoolerMaster is one of the Aluminium variety with the low profile fan then it's really not that good but changing the fan at least to a high cfm fan would help a bit. :smokin:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Your choice of case should also depend on whether you plan to modify it....

Comment

I dont plan to modify it at all.... i just would like a case with power supply included that is pretty cheap ...(like around about 50 quid)...

thanks again

Comment

Well it isn't a bad idea to get a case that can be modified...you can get it now and modify later. Mods help you get lower temps resulting in higher and stable overclocks. Plus, its fun to do and makes your case look cool.:thumb:
              - Damien

Comment

I've solved my problem of my computer not booting at all now.. so I doubt I'll buy a new case or power supply.

I really appreciate the help though guys.

Now I can buy a new monitor and finally a dvd drive :P

cheers

Comment

Sweet man glad to hear that...and glad we can help...:thumb: you gonna go for a 19 incher or a flat 17 incher?: peace2:
                  - Damien

Comment

Im gonna go for the pczone best buy...(im a cheap scrooge....only he was rich and I aint :P) its a Hansol 17incher... dcent refresh rates on a lot of resolutions....and only about 150 quid...its the on for me I think.

What do u recommend?

Comment

That seems fine...man...over here at the states i was thinking of going with a Samsung Dyna Flat or a View Sonic Perfect Flat...i haven't decided but i am leaning towards Viewsonic they have rich color compared to Samsung. I have a Samsung now and is a beauty, works fine. I am still having trouble with nVidia's Refresh Rate problem...i can't stand it man...but w/e see what happens and see if anyone here recommends something...anyway dude..: peace2:
                      - Damien

Comment

any advice on a DVD drive (cheap one again :rolleyes: )

Also do u know much about an A7A266-E mobo?

Comment

Can someone remind me of the advantage is of getting a monitor that claims to be flat? Nearly all 'flat' monitors are nothing but curved monitors with thicker glass on the edges. Only the extremely expensive ones are any different.

Comment

I fell in love with flats when i bought my Samsung Dyna Flat TV for my theater...so that pretty much the reason why my 19" is gonna be flat. I by flat i mean flat not the "slighty" flat ones i think you are refering to.: peace2:
                            - Damien

Comment

Working...
                            X