Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS

I have a Z270 Supercarrier and used the Internet Flash utility in UEFI setup to upgrade the BIOS from 1.10 to 1.11. The upgrade process completed successfully and no errors were reported. However, when the computer rebooted with the new BIOS, it just hung with a blackscreen. I have rebooted the system over 20 times, with the same result. The boot process runs for about 15 seconds, the Dr. Debug LED settles on 09 or d0, and remains in that hung state. According to the manual, "after several failed boot attempts, the backup BIOS will take over" -- but this doesn't seem to be happening. It still boots from the active BIOS (BIOS_A_LED is on). I also tried unplugging the computer and depressing the clear CMOS button for over 10 seconds, but that didn't seem to have any affect. Is there any way that I can force a switch to BIOS B, or alternatively, downgrade BIOS A back to 1.10? The motherboard was working fine with 1.10 before I upgraded it to 1.11.
    Last edited by Kartik Subbarao; 02-24-2017, 07:39 AM.

Re: Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS

Dear Kartik Subbarao,

This is Alan from ASRock Technical support team.

The BIOS P1.11 is for some specific memory module overclock performance use.
    Regarding your case, we provide some suggestion.
    1. Please only install CPU and one stick memory to check if the system can get into BIOS setup.
    2. If still cannot boot up, please install one stick memory in other slot A1/B1/A2/B2 to check.
    3. Please change another memory module to check.

If you can get into BIOS, please flash back to BIOS version P1.10.
    Please download BIOS P1.10 from below link.
    ASRock > Z270 SuperCarrier
    Please follow the step to flash the BIOS by instant flash.
    1. Save the BIOS files on a device such as USB disk (FAT32 format), hard disk (FAT32 format) and floppy drive.
    2. Press [F6] during POST.
    3. Select the BIOS P1.10 and flash.

About backup BIOS function, please check with user manual p91 and p92.
    http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/...perCarrier.pdf

Thank you!
    Yours truly,
    ASRock TSD-Alan

Comment

Re: Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS

Thanks Alan. I was able to get past the blackscreen yesterday by removing all but one RAM card. Then I downgraded to 1.10 using the instant flash tool with a USB stick, re-added my RAM back, and booted up successfully. In other words, exactly what you are saying here :-) Problem solved!

Comment

Working...
      X