No announcement yet.

Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)

Killer Control Center 64-bit

This is a new networking suite from killernetworking. The Z97X - Gaming 5 has the e2200 networking chip onboard which this networking suite is compataible with. I've never actually installed the suite as I read the advice against it. I've been using the bare driver. If I look in the device manager my driver is 05/02/2016 9.0.0.39.

This package does not unzip readily. I started the install process, and found the temp files. So the package is called KillerPerformanceSuite_1.3.1350_Win7_Win81_Win10_x 64, and in the temp files was a file Killer Performance Suite.msi 86Mb. I used 7zip to extract this and in this folder "Killer Performance Suite\Data1" I found (data1 was extracted from data1.cab):
    1. e2xw7x64.cat
    2. e2xw7x64.inf
    3. e2xw7x64.sys

I knew what I was looking for since I had the previous drivers extracted similarly (except they were in a clear folder (mb_driver_lan_bigfoot\Bigfoot_Killer\Drivers\Prod uction\Windows7-x64\ke2200w7).

The problem is that I believe these drivers found in the newly extracted Killer Performance Suite.msi 86Mb, to be the same drivers that I have installed already.

An extract from the inf file:

;************************************************* ****************************
    ;*
    ;* E2xw7x64.INF - Killer E2X00 Series PCI-E Ethernet Controller
    ;* Copyright 2015 - Rivet Networks, LLC.
    ;*
    ;* INF File for NDIS6.2 Miniport Driver for Windows7 x64
    ;*
    ;************************************************* ****************************
    [Version]
    Signature = "$Windows NT$"
    Class = Net
    ClassGUID = {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    Provider = %RIVET%
    CatalogFile = e2XW7x64.cat
    DriverVer=02/05/2016,9.0.0.39

So if you notice DriverVer is identical to the installed driver which I put in my first paragraph.

Do you agree that it is the same driver and will you be installing the whole suite anyway?
Working...
X