No announcement yet.

Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )

Hi there...

I've handbagged my P17 notebook...

BIOS corruption perhaps, powers on but with just a black screen and the occasional cpu-fan activity every 30 seconds or so, I made a balls up after installing a new version of Windows 10 which on the surface installed all reasonably well or so I thought until I shut down the notebook after a session of restarts etc etc all was working well and so I thought I'd just take a break and shut-down the notebook and come back later.

Well the restart just went to the BIOS screen with a message about a 'missing rom image' (If I remember correctly) and before you could say 'I've accidentally pressed return' I'd accidentally pressed return and something got written to the bios leaving it in this unusable state... no back up bios kick in...

Anyway after trying various things my last ditched attempt would be to short out the relevant pins on the main bios chip and power on etc... could you help me? I need to identify the main bios chip, please see the attached image...

I'm taking my inspiration from this thread...

please advise and thanks...

Click image for larger version

Name:	GIGABYTE_P17_BIOS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	756462

Re: Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )

Can I posit a theory?

The reason the 'back-up' BIOS hasn't kicked In as yet is because I only have one BIOS chip... the other chip with the letters 'ME' might be for something else?

I'm thinking I could de-solder that BIOS chip and re-program It via a USB-Bios programmer with the relevant BIOS from Gigabyte...

Any advice you could give me would be a boon, thanks

EDIT : That 'ME' marking near the chip could stand for the Intel Management Engine
    Last edited by 13thDisciple; 01-16-2018, 12:20 PM. Reason: update information

Comment

hi did you find which is the main bios chip for gigabyte p17f?

Comment

Working...
      X