Possible Router Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Router Issues

I have an Asus RT-AC68U router and am having issues with my Samsung Blu-Ray player connecting to the internet. The player is connected via Ethernet port and when I have the player on I can see that it identifies the network and assigned ip address gateway and everything that is usually needed. However it fails the last test (Internet Service Test). I log into the router and look under wired devices and see its listed with the same ip address as what the player is telling me. I hooked another device to the cable that the player is using and the device(Western Digital Hard Drive) is working fine so I know the line is ok.

Before I replace this Blu-Ray player with a new one I need to make sure that there is nothing in the router settings that is interfering with the player getting online.

Also, the firmware has been updated for the router and the player.

Thanks
    Patrick
    Last edited by pt121; 04-21-2018, 04:36 PM.

Re: Possible Router Issues

The more and more I think about it has to be a router setting not allowing internet service. It id's the network, but something is blocking its connection. This particular player doesn't have Wifi unless you have a special adaptor for it which I don't have. Has to be in one of the routers settings to get this up and running.

Thanks
    Patrick

Comment

Working...
    X