Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA

Hello ANYONE.

I have a Sniper.2 Z68 and everything was of with AWARD bios.
    Just to try some oeverclocking with my i5 3570k I tryied the u1c beta bios, but now I am not able to use the discrete VGA card anymore (GTX960).
    Of course the VGA works on other systems.
    I was not able to revert back tot he AWARD bios from U1C because the USB ports are not able anymore to boot (after updating to UEFI, before the update they worked)!!!

I have incredible difficulties to make a high powered card work on the pci express slot or it won't pass the boot splash screen (tried HD4870 with no success, but a HD6570 DDR3 does).

Can you please give me ANY advice?

I can even try voodoo or magic... Please let me know, thank you so much... HELP

Re: HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA

I had the same issue trying to get a GTX 1070 to work. In the end I reverted back to BIOS F5 using efi2awd on a USB stick plugged into a USB 2.0 at east of PC. It's worked ever since.

Comment

I just checked back on an old post from when I had this problem.
      Put a working gpu in the PC. In the uefi / bios settings look for PCI ROM. Set this to legacy mode. Worked for me, if not for you then flash back to a bios.

Comment

Originally posted by Alextheg View Post
        I just checked back on an old post from when I had this problem.
        Put a working gpu in the PC. In the uefi / bios settings look for PCI ROM. Set this to legacy mode. Worked for me, if not for you then flash back to a bios.
        Thank you Alex but your suggestion does not work.
        Ti seems that u1c bios is not compatible with some VGA and the motherboard loses its ability to boot from anything but SATA ports.
        I was able to revert to F5 bios using a spare SATA HD, but now I cannot overclock my 3570K and my Gskill Ripjaws rated for 2400Mhz cannot boot with SMP enabled, so 1600MHz always...
        It is really annoying...

It was supposed to be a high end motherboard afetr all, how could Gigabyte act like that?

Comment

Working...
        X