EP2C602 wont post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP2C602 wont post

I got this board to replace an older dual socket 1366 board in my super micro 36 bay chassis. I have a pair of E5-2650's in it along with four 8GB sticks of this memory 8GB DDR3-1066 ECC Reg - 856ms-856.

I swapped the board out last night only to realize that the CPU coolers I had bought were too large for my chassis. I wondered if I could reuse the socket 1366 passive coolers, Google seemed to indicate that could, so I tried. The first cooler seemed to mount ok, the second one would not screw down tightly onto the socket. I decided to plug power into the system and it powered on right away. I went into the BIOS to watch the CPU temps and when I saw the temp of the CPU with the no so tight cooler rising, I unplugged the power. I found two super micro heatsinks on Amazon and ordered them. Today, when I got the new heat sinks, I removed the CPU's and cleaned the paste off them, I put them back into the sockets and mounted the new heatsinks. I plugged in power and nothing. I get lights on the board but nothing else. Hmm. nothing had changed except the CPU heat sinks. I checked the mother board header cables and they look ok, RAM is in the same slots as it was when the system powered on last night. After some more troubleshooting, I decided to unplug everything from the motherboard, I removed the CPU heatsinks, checked the CPU's they look fine, plugged everything back in and nothing. The only card in the system is a Dell H310 HBA.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Working...
X