Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in a gaming rut please help.

Wondering if this is just a me getting old and grumpy thing or what

But in the last few years there have been way less games I really like or play on a regular basis...

10 years ago I was playing like 3 or 4 games consistently, 5 years ago it was just one and now there's not a single game I play on regularly.

I usually buy a crap load of games every year now whereas in the past I never needed to because I was mainly happy with what I had.

I own over 200 games on steam alone and I've got about 30 of them installed, some of which I've actually never played for more than a few hours.

I think that can be explained by the fact that game marketing is so much better now, and I get really excited for X, Y or Z coming out and buy it then feel disappointed that it's just lacking something special that makes me want to keep playing.

I'm not even sure I'd say games are getting worse, maybe that most of them just aren't getting better e.g. Fallout 4 which had loads of "improvements" but felt like a massive let down to those who loved Fallout 3 and even some of the New Vegas players. I'm also not into esports so most of those games don't really appeal to me otherwise I guess I'd be into esports...

Genre doesn't matter either the only genre I actively dislike is turn-based RPGs.

Anyone else experience this? If so how did you get out of your gaming rut?

Re: I'm in a gaming rut please help.

Originally posted by Raami View Post

But in the last few years there have been way less games I really like or play on a regular basis...

10 years ago I was playing like 3 or 4 games consistently, 5 years ago it was just one and now there's not a single game I play on regularly.

I usually buy a crap load of games every year now whereas in the past I never needed to because I was mainly happy with what I had.

I own over 200 games on steam alone and I've got about 30 of them installed, some of which I've actually never played for more than a few hours.

I think that can be explained by the fact that game marketing is so much better now, and I get really excited for X, Y or Z coming out and buy it then feel disappointed that it's just lacking something special that makes me want to keep playing.

I'm not even sure I'd say games are getting worse, maybe that most of them just aren't getting better e.g. Fallout 4 which had loads of "improvements" but felt like a massive let down to those who loved Fallout 3 and even some of the New Vegas players. I'm also not into esports so most of those games don't really appeal to me otherwise I guess I'd be into esports...

Genre doesn't matter either the only genre I actively dislike is turn-based RPGs.

I hear you. I find that most developers spend way too much time putting together a great video of the game for promotion but it never ends up remotely close to actual game play.

However I'm getting ready for beta testing of the new Microsoft Flight Simulator and it is looking very very promising.

Page not found - Microsoft Flight Simulator
    Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.836
    Core i7 3770K
    GA-Z68XP-UD3 Rev 1.0 (Award BIOS F-10)
    32GB G-Skill Trident X DDR3
    Asus RX 570 OC 4GB DDR5 (20.4.2)
    1TB Crucial MX 500 SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    LG Blue Ray Writer
    Antec 650w PSU
    Rosewill Mid tower Challenger Black

Comment

I buy lots of games but rarely finish them due to various reasons. Mostly because I get bored. I would, however, recommend Borderlands 3. I actually finished the game and had a blast and am even considering purchasing the DLCs. It's currently on sale at Greenmangaming for $26. Good luck

Comment

Learn to do other things
        ASUS P8P67 PRO
        ASUS EAH6870

Comment

Working...
        X