AORUS LED i2c control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AORUS LED i2c control?

I just got my AORUS z390 Master and the lighting on it is a little annoying in that it's stuck on a boring (and non-matching for my build) yellowish color. I'm on linux for which Gigabyte obviously offers zero official support.

I also have G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM and I was able to get it working with a few simple I2C commands. They are on SMBus 0 at address 0x77 (0x70 and 0x71 if i want to address each stick individually). There are a few other SMBus addresses that appear to have devices on them and I'm wondering how to determine a) if and b) which of those address could be the motherboard AORUS LED chip?

Code:
         0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  a  b  c  d  e  f
    00:          -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 
    10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 
    20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 
    30: 30 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 3a -- -- -- -- -- 
    40: -- -- -- -- 44 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 
    50: -- 51 -- 53 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 
    60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 68 69 -- -- -- -- -- -- 
    70: 70 71 -- -- -- -- -- 77
    As stated, the 70's are all RAM LED control. I've read that things in the 50's are often the RAM controller itself and would be a BAD IDEA to touch. That leaves 30, 3A, 44, 68, and 69. I'm partial to thinking 68-69 might be what I'm after.

Since I doubt anyone just *happens* to know the information I'm looking for (or happens to have reverse engineered the board sufficiently to have dumps of the I2C lines for the LEDs), I'm hoping I can appeal to the better nature of someone actually at Gigabyte who could get some engineering details. A simple list of commands (any initialization needed, commands to set colors, set addressable LED strip patterns, etc) would be awesome, and any hint at what I2C address I should be looking at would be very helpful!

Any chance Gigabyte might throw a lowly linux user a bone?
Working...
X