Z77, using sound card and onboard sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z77, using sound card and onboard sound

I am trying to get a SB sound card and onboard sound to work on my z77 extreme4 mo/bo
    I have speakers connected to the SB card and a headset connected to the front panel audio but I get no sound out of either the speakers or headset and the headset mic doesn't work.

In the BIOS I have onboard HD audio enabled and front panel set to auto.
    In Win7 -> Sound Realtek hD audio speakers are the default device, run the test and no sound from the headset or speakers connected to the SB card.
    XSplit speakers are listed but disabled
    In the recording tab Frontmic is the default device but it does not show any recording, the mic is not muted and the levels are at 100 and a boost of 20 dB

Can anyone offer any help please?

Re: Z77, using sound card and onboard sound

If I were you I would first get one card working, maybe the SB, then try the other. Turn off the onboard audio in the Bios and boot up the system. Get the SB card working and when that is done then turn the onboard audio back on. I have a Creative X-Fi soundcard and the onboard audio(realtek chip) on an Evga 780i mobo working together just fine. I have had some issues but I find once I get both working the less I mess with them the better. BTW when setting the audio up make sure things like volume and device selected are correct, it is easy to make a mistake here.

Comment

Working...
    X