X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock A97x Killer and Evga 980TI help

Greetings all;

I am in the need of help and/or advice please :D

I have an Asrock z97x Killer motherboard, with an Evga gtx980ti Hybrid graphics card. Whenever I install that card in the PCIE2 slot (according to the manual this is the x16 slot), my machine runs like dog poop. If I load a game, it takes forever to load, and I'm lucky to get 7 fps.

I do have a Samsung NVME drive installed in the M2 slot. But according to the manual, the M2 slot is shared with the Sata 3 and 4 slots. However it is stamped on the MB that it is pcie/m2.

I am wondering if that slot, since it's so close the graphics slot, is sharing lanes? Or, is my Graphics card bad? Or, is the pcie slot bad.

I downloaded and ran gpu-z, and when it is in the pcie2 slot, it is running at x16 like it's supposed too.

Any ideas? I've sent a message to Asrock Tech Support, but my hopes aren't high they answer back, thus I'm reaching out for help here.

Thanks all!
    Attached Files

Re: Asrock A97x Killer and Evga 980TI help

Originally posted by milantifusi
    i have same problem guys.

I downloaded and ran gpu-z, and when it is in the pcie2 slot, it is running at x16 like it's supposed too.

Any ideas? I've sent a message to Asrock Tech Support, but my hopes aren't high they answer back, thus I'm reaching out for help here.

Comment

Working...
    X