who manufactures my universal serial bus controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who manufactures my universal serial bus controller

asrock, fata1ity b450 itx/ac. literature says it has usb 3.1, but does not specify manufacturer. this is the thing: i can not get win 7 to recognize the usb controller. several online threads suggest making sure power management does not 'turn off' the device. it can not be turned off because it is 'not recognized'. now, it is entirely possible that whoever made this hardware did not also make a win 7 driver, but this has not been verified
    Click image for larger version

Name:	noroothub.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	756493

c.c. toms hardware

Re: who manufactures my universal serial bus controller

Check in Properties of device>Details>Then Hardware Ids in that window will see what is USB type and Manufacturer.
    My intel 3.0 USB look: USB\ROOT_HUB30&VID8086&PIDA12F - thouse VID 8086 is INTEL.

Comment

i found my drivers for win 7 on the amd and samsung websites. i will be posting a solution or walkthrough shortly. but you can download the exe files there to fix this, along with no kb/mouse issue because no usb controller. did not find stand alone drivers
      Last edited by hmazuji; 04-17-2019, 11:50 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

i found all the drivers i needed (to create a win 7 build using b450 chipset and ryzen cpu) as follows:
        you may not use your computer if you install windows 7, so here is the workaround: i

1. found online and created a win 7 install usb (you can install win 7 using a usb keyboard mouse on usb port, but once it starts running it will not have the drivers it needs to make the pc operational. as a matter of fact, nothing on this build will work
        2. install win 7 on hdd (you may not install win 7 on ssd. it won't work)
        3. used linux (mint) live usb (free) to drop 'drivers talent' into my installaton
        4. used ps/2 mouse with screen keyboard to run 'drivers talent'
        5. used 'drivers talent' (free) to install the intel i211 nic. now you can download drivers
        6. downloaded and installed the b450 chipset drivers from amd. this enables usb keyboard and mouse
        7. downloaded and installed the samsung nvme driver for my m.2 ssd. now you can use 'macrium reflect' to clone your win 7 from hdd to ssd

this got me up and running; fully functional. so, it isn't easy installing win 7, but it's doable
        also, i've seen some documentation on creating a win 7 install usb with the appropriate drivers, however, microsoft has made this impossible to implement because you can't slipstream the drivers, as the drivers are not being provided. what is provided are executables, and i am not saavy enough to figure out how to slipstream executables

Comment

Working...
        X