Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerr ON By Keyboard not work. Gigabyte AORUS B360M

Good morning, sorry for my lousy English
    I have a new PC with a Gigabyte AORUS B360M Gaming 3 Socket 1151 motherboard in whose BIOS I have activated "Power on by Keyboard" ... Any Key. Keyboard and mouse work correctly in the BIOS but I can not wake up the PC with the keyboard when it is off. In the device manager it is marked that the keyboard can reactivate the device. In the configuration of the power plan - USB configuration - the selective USB suspension configuration is disabled.
    This topic is driving me crazy ... any help?
    Last edited by jlcoll; 04-25-2019, 03:40 PM.

Re: Powerr ON By Keyboard not work. Gigabyte AORUS B360M

"Power On By KeyboardAllows the system to be turned on by a PS/2 keyboard wake-up event"
    Is it a PS/2 keyboard?
    If its a wired USB keyboard you can try a USB female to PS/2 male adapter.

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
      "Power On By KeyboardAllows the system to be turned on by a PS/2 keyboard wake-up event"
      Is it a PS/2 keyboard?
      If its a wired USB keyboard you can try a USB female to PS/2 male adapter.

Hello, thanks for the answer.
      I have a Logitech EX110 combo for keyboard and mouse that includes a receiver that connects to both peripherals. From this receiver come 2 cables, 1 USB for the keyboard and 1 PS2 for the mouse. USB to PS2 adapter for the keyboard that I already have, I would have to buy another PS2 to USB for the mouse because the rear connections only allow one PS2 (either for the keyboard or the mouse) and the other must go to a USB forcibly.
      I have no problem buying the USB to PS2 adapter, but I'm not sure it's going to work.
      The BIOS also has the option to wake up the PC with the mouse that is connected as PS2, and it does not work either.
      Do you think that with the keyboard and a PS2 adapter if it will?
      Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by jlcoll View Post
        Hello, thanks for the answer.
        I have a Logitech EX110 combo for keyboard and mouse that includes a receiver that connects to both peripherals. From this receiver come 2 cables, 1 USB for the keyboard and 1 PS2 for the mouse. USB to PS2 adapter for the keyboard that I already have, I would have to buy another PS2 to USB for the mouse because the rear connections only allow one PS2 (either for the keyboard or the mouse) and the other must go to a USB forcibly.
        I have no problem buying the USB to PS2 adapter, but I'm not sure it's going to work.
        The BIOS also has the option to wake up the PC with the mouse that is connected as PS2, and it does not work either.
        Do you think that with the keyboard and a PS2 adapter if it will?
        Thanks in advance
        I answer myself ...
        I have connected a PS2 keyboard and it does not work either .
        Has someone with this motherboard made it work?
        regards

Comment

I have a different keyboard but it would be odd if it this funktion had changed.
          Ther are 3 options: disabled keyboard 98, and any key.
          I have no clue what a keyboard 98 is, but the any key option does work with a 10+ years old PS/2 keyboard I have.
          USB to PS/2 adapter does not work for my wireless keyboard/mouse combo.

Back in the day I always used a PS/2 keyboard with power key that did not even required any changes in BIOS, until I could not find them anymore.
          No big thing though after short withdrawal period I am used to power the PC by it's power button again.

Comment

I have a different keyboard but it would be odd if it this funktion had changed.
            Ther are 3 options: disabled keyboard 98, and any key.
            I have no clue what a keyboard 98 is, but the any key option does work with a 10+ years old PS/2 keyboard I have.
            USB to PS/2 adapter does not work for my wireless keyboard/mouse combo.

Back in the day I always used a PS/2 keyboard with power key that did not even required any changes in BIOS, until I could not find them anymore.
            No big thing though after short withdrawal period I am used to power the PC by it's power button again.
            Hello, thanks for taking the trouble to answer.
            In the PC that I just replaced I always turned it on with the power button, until it broke long ago and I started using the keyboard as a method to turn it on, and the truth is that it was very comfortable. That's why I want to use it the same in this new PC, for convenience and for preserving the physical button as well.
            Ahh, and from what I understand the keyboard 98 is the one that has a power key, maybe it was the one you used before.

regards

Comment

Originally posted by jlcoll View Post
              Hello, thanks for taking the trouble to answer.
              In the PC that I just replaced I always turned it on with the power button, until it broke long ago and I started using the keyboard as a method to turn it on, and the truth is that it was very comfortable. That's why I want to use it the same in this new PC, for convenience and for preserving the physical button as well.
              Ahh, and from what I understand the keyboard 98 is the one that has a power key, maybe it was the one you used before.

regards
              And the Any key does not work for you?
              Mu PS/2 keyboard light stay on when I shut the computer down, however this work even if the light not on. e.g. PSU power was off.

There are still keyboards with power key on them.
              VINTAGE G-MAX SLIM TYPE COMPUTER KEYBOARD - GK-4P - NIB - XP/ME/2000/98/95/NT 4. | eBay

Or you can just buy a replacement power switch or external one, just search for "computer case power switch" on eBay.

Comment

And the Any key does not work for you?
                Mu PS/2 keyboard light stay on when I shut the computer down, however this work even if the light not on. e.g. PSU power was off.

There are still keyboards with power key on them.
                VINTAGE G-MAX SLIM TYPE COMPUTER KEYBOARD - GK-4P - NIB - XP/ME/2000/98/95/NT 4. | eBay

Or you can just buy a replacement power switch or external one, just search for "computer case power switch" on eBay.
                Hello, thanks for your information.
                I can not say how or why, but now it works to reactivate the PC with a PS2 keyboard.
                This issue seems like the Poltergeist movie, because the mouse works even when it is disconnected
                (I turned it off to retest the keyboard on the PS2 connection and it still works).
                In contrast, the PC does not hibernate when before if it did.
                I give up and do not give more laps.
                Thanks for everything

Comment

Working...
                X