Need advice re X570 Pro WiFi and PCIe SSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice re X570 Pro WiFi and PCIe SSD

I've just purchased Gigabyte x570 Pro WiFi motherboard and Samsung Evo Plus PCIe SSD as part of new build I will put together in a couple of days.

The motherboard has 2 M.2 slots available, M2A and M2B.

It is my understanding that M2A connects directly to the CPU via PCIe and does not impact any other ports and that M2B will connect either a M.2 Sata OR a PCIe Ssd but that it will turn off Sata ports.

Also that M2A will allow for faster transfer speeds than M2B.

Can someone either confirm the above or, please, correct me and tell me what is correct?

I've searched exhaustively without much luck in verifying the above.

Thank you very much!!

Larry

Re: Need advice re X570 Pro WiFi and PCIe SSD

I don't see in the specs any mention of neither of them impact SATA ports.
    As for speed, I doubt you'd be able to tell.

Comment

So, the time and effort, which was not insignificant, expended to post my question was, so far at least, completely wasted.

Your answer simply doesn't respond to my question and, as near as I can tell, has no meaning.

I really don't understand why you bothered.

Thanks................anyway.

Larry

Comment

So,
        I'll not try to not offend you!

Your response to Chike is uncalled for, this is public forum, not managed by Gigabyte so you take what you get.

Now if you were to take his feedback for what it is, and that is that it's accurate you would be set. However given that you are not satisfied I'll break it down for you a bit clearer.
        1st, neither m.2 port will impact the use of a SATA port. That only happens if you use a PCIe SSD in M2C on the boards with 3 slots, which you don't have and where it is spelled out in the manual. Nothing was omitted by GB in that regard.
        2nd, as for speeds, use your brain and use m2a, as per your OP it's PCIe bus goes directly to the CPU and not through the x570 chipset like m2b and m2c if equipped. Now if you choose to not use your brain and use m2b, you would not likely see any degradation of performance, maybe some imperceptible latency would be present, again you would not notice as you would have to populate the lower PCIe slots with high bandwidth cards and try to oversubscribe the bus from the x570 to the CPU.
        3rd, be a bit nicer next time, your time in less valuable than the time of others who choose to attempt to help, regardless of your interpretation.

Comment

So,
          I'll not try to not offend you!

Your response to Chike is uncalled for, this is public forum, not managed by Gigabyte so you take what you get.

Now if you were to take his feedback for what it is, and that is that it's accurate you would be set. However given that you are not satisfied I'll break it down for you a bit clearer.
          1st, neither m.2 port will impact the use of a SATA port. That only happens if you use a PCIe SSD in M2C on the boards with 3 slots, which you don't have and where it is spelled out in the manual. Nothing was omitted by GB in that regard.
          2nd, as for speeds, use your brain and use m2a, as per your OP, its PCIe bus goes directly to the CPU and not through the x570 chipset like m2b and m2c if equipped. Now if you choose to not use your brain and use m2b, you would not likely see any degradation of performance, maybe some imperceptible latency would be present, again you would not notice as you would have to populate the lower PCIe slots with high bandwidth cards and try to oversubscribe the bus from the x570 to the CPU.
          3rd, be a bit nicer next time, your time in less valuable than the time of others who choose to attempt to help, regardless of your interpretation.

Comment

Working...
          X