AAAAARGH - any help???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAAAARGH - any help???

That is one reason that I always do my own work.

But as to your problems, I doubt there will be much in the line of legal action, but then there might be as I'm not familiar with English law. Here in the US you would probably have no problems suing, hell, everyone else does. :(

And changing the mainboard does not cause the data to be lost. If they have told you this, then they are outright lying and I would challenge them to contact me if they would like to hear it personally. Data does not magically go away when changing out a motherboard. It does sometimes force a reinstallation of Windows when the chipset used is a good bit different from the original, but the data will remain. They had to reformat.

Regarding the data recovery, you're looking at roughly $1000 per gigabyte of data with no guarantees of success. At least those were the prices that I have seen most recently for professional data recovery. You might see if they did a quick reformat or a full format. If full, then the data is pretty much a goner. If they did a quick format, then the data could still be there without header information on it.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

You may be able to recover the stuff yourself. (Remember, the more you use your machine, the less the chances are that you can recover things.) Here is an example:

GetDataBack Data Recovery software. Recover data from inaccessible hard drives and USB sticks. Supports Windows NTFS, FAT, exFAT, Apple HFS+, APFS, and Linux EXT.

Comment

As far as i'm aware if they have a sign saying you needed to back up your info than you can't take legal action against them. Then again they might have needed you to sign a contract for that to be true.Try asking your legal representitive:thumb:

Comment

in line with the recovry efforts, there is another program called r-studio, which you can download a trial of (I do believe), which can recover data from up to 3-4 previous formats... It works very well, and should suit your purposes.

R-TT offers disk recovery software and hard drive data recovery tools. Network and RAID support.

Comment

Working...
          X