• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIA Announce Launch of the VIA Apollo KT400A Chipset

www.via.com.tw.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Grrrrrr @ Lack of Dual Channel DDR Support.

I think it would have been a good idea to add it but i'm not making the chipset. :2cents:

Comment

Single Channel is good for now. The 333FSB kind of limits the bandwith, so the Duel (on the nForce2 for example) can't really even hit any potential until that Crappy 333 FSB is upped to compete with Intel. Also, who wants to have to buy 2 DDR sticks when you can get a board that's optimised to run one? Oh well, if we're patient, when the Hammer comes out i'd put money on VIA sticking duel 128's in there. VIA will remind everyone why they're #1 again, anyway, what the heck is anyone going to do with 8 usb 2.0 controllers? holy crap. plus the kt400 transfer 2 times as fast between north and south; and 6 PCI? too much to ever use. It will hold me over...for now. Or maybe i'll with untill the hammer comes out

Comment

Early tests show that the KT400A is still a way behind the nForce2 in performance.

Comment

And that's why I finally switched to Intel Granite Bay. Dual Channel DDR, even at 266Mhz kicks ass. Sadly VIA are just not as fast and as stable as Intel.

It used to be VIA motherboards were faster but more finicky...now they're just finicky.:barf:
          My Machine

Comment

Working...
          X